Just wondering if the ComMod will be the same throughout all years assuming they come out with updates requiring one for an 05?

Wondering if by skipping over the $115 price they were last winter versus the $209 current price was worth the wait.:think:

You will only know if the comm mod will work for an 05 if they ever release 05 software. I wouldn't hold my breat for any estimates on a timeframe.

Bill! The same ComMod will work on the 98.5 thru the 16's. You will be good to go. (when the free 05 software is released) Time wise? Let me just say soon. A lot of progress has been made in a short time and things are ramping up for the earlier trucks.

Rob is pessimistic on our time of release. :) Although no date is set in stone, unlike Rob I do have constant conversations with those Brilliant Gents who actually do the work and am optimistic for a reasonably soon release date. Like the old advertisement on the television years past, "No wine before it's time". No new software before it's time. This is time consuming and we are speeding to the finish line, however like all products testing and refining should be thorough.

Thank you Bill and Rob!

Brian

The only thing that really irks me is the lack of simple answers. I understand that you can only say what Marco allows, but since a competitor already has a product out similar to UDC Pro for a 2005 that can tune the 48re and disable CEL parameters, I don't see what the problem is with a simple answer of "yes we are working on that" or "no we arent"... Also some simple timeframes would be great. We all understand they are not set in stone and simple updates like "we ran into an issue, another week" would go a long ways for us.

The fact is we don't do well with "it will get here when it gets here", especially when the competition has it already. This has already caused people to sell off their smarty gear and retool to the competition. I think the main benefit smarty will have is tune on the fly, but again with no word on time or the features I mentioned I understand why people are leaving.