unorganizedplan

Preparing to load a US friendly tune

Hey All -

My plans have temporarily changed, and I will not be deleting the truck yet. Rather, I'm planning on just running a SMARTY S67 for some tuning.

As such, I have not done much investigating on how to go about it, or what else I need to prepare for.

Is it really as simple as loading the correct tune for my truck onto my S67, then just updating the truck's ECM??

Anything else to touch or unplug on the truck?

Truck will be used as a daily driver for a few weeks, then towing a TT this spring/summer/fall.

Any and all help is appreciated.

-Jason

Good morning Jason!Indeed, it is as simple as making sure the software on our downloads page for your year is loaded onto the S-67 then onto your truck. The only thing you plug/unplug is the cord from the Smarty to the OBD plug under the dash.

I believe you will find value in this link: http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?450-Cummins-6-7L-FTP-75-drive-cycle-test-results

Hey, thanks so much for the confirmation, and link to that thread. I read your post, but don't have time yet to read the linked documents. I'll try for that tomorrow. Looking forward to the read and info within.

Also, I'd like to confirm, that the software on the SMARTY Resource page, is the same as the software on the MADS page??

Good morning Jason! No need to worry about ecm calibration. I need to ask for that when doing recoveries for trans swaps etc etc.

The softwares on the S/R page are the same as on the MADS/SPK page.