Brian

Vin # Lock Policy

We are introducing a new VIN# lock policy at this time!

Up to date, all our products could be used on as many trucks as wanted but only one at a time.

In other words, to use the Smarty Touch on the next truck, the first truck had to be returned to

stock software then the Smarty would unlock from the VIN# and be used on the next truck.

The new VIN# lock will work different for the Smarty Touch.

The main difference between the new “Four VIN#” Strategy versus the previous one is that the

Smarty Touch can no longer be unlocked from a VIN# / ECM once it is locked to it. The truck can be

returned to the stock software but the Smarty Touch will NOT unlock from that VIN# and ECM

anymore. It is, of course, possible to program an ECM the Smarty Touch is VIN# locked to as many

times as wanted.

With this new VIN# policy, it is now possible to tune up to four different trucks at the same time

with a single Smarty Touch. The Smarty Touch will come with the first VIN# license unlocked. The

remaining three VIN# licenses can be unlocked purchasing unlock codes. The production of the

Smarty Touch with the ability to tune four different trucks will begin the second week of March 2016.

What does this mean for Smarty Touch’s already in the field?

Our customers who already own a Smarty Touch have two possible alternatives:

1) Update the firmware with the “Four VIN#” one (1.1.2). This will enable the ability to

communicate with the UDC Pro RT software and since the first VIN# is unlocked they will be

able to use their tuner without any further charge on their truck. Should the customer desire

to tune another truck, he will need to purchase an VIN# license.

2) For those not interested in custom tuning and wanting to stay with our previous VIN license

policy, update the firmware to the new Version 1.1.1 which fixes a few bugs and has new

tuning. We will continue to update and support also the firmware’s with the previous VIN#

policy for the future tuning software updates.

Attention!!!

Once the “Four VIN#” firmware Version 1.1.2 is installed it is NOT possible to return to

the previous VIN policy!

This change in the VIN# policy allows custom tuning for all Smarty Touch’s already in the field

without any additional costs other than purchasing a Software License Key or paying a professional

tuner for his services.

Before you install the new UDC Pro RT software release, uninstall any previous version

from your PC!

Hello Brian! sorry, here i go again.... making sure i understand...

If i want UDC PRO when it comes out for my Ram, i need to update to the new 1.1.2 firmware. Then pay a tuner to tune for me AND buy a VIN licence from him [i will not be 'self' tuning] {Might not cost more then regular UDC}

What if i sell my Ram & buy an 05,... what then?

Thanks Brian!! I know i ask a bunch of questions, but maybe there are few more guys like me that 'sink in slow'. ;)

Hi Matthew!

The Smarty Touch will come with the first VIN# license unlocked. The

remaining three VIN# licenses can be unlocked purchasing unlock codes.

1) Update the firmware with the “Four VIN#” one (1.1.2). This will enable the ability to

communicate with the UDC Pro RT software and since the first VIN# is unlocked they will be

able to use their tuner without any further charge on their truck. Should the customer desire

to tune another truck, he will need to purchase an VIN# license. If you get an 05 simple, just grab a license for that 05. You can still tune your 04.5 as well.

This change in the VIN# policy allows custom tuning for all Smarty Touch’s already in the field

without any additional costs other than purchasing a Software License Key or paying a professional

tuner for his services.

I hope this is some help Matthew.

Thank you!

Yes it does, I already HAVE a Touch so when the time comes for UDC Pro [:)] I'll talk to Coffmen Customs!

Double checking,... i will need to buy a VIN license? [for UDC Pro] Possibly from the tuner?

First, one needs to un-install the older version(s) of the UDC Pro manually before installing version 5.

In order for Ver.5 to work with the Tuners it is also necessary to install firmware 1.1.2 on them.

Tuning software Ver 5 and Tuner Firmware Ver 1.1.2 work only combined, thus both are needed.

Brian,

For existing Touch owners currently VIN locked to a vehicle will we need to unlock (return to stock) the Touch before upgrading to the new 4 VIN firmware?

Edited by jadlmark