Rob D

2003-2005 Tuning on the fly

Just wondering if OTF for these years will work on a touch for all the canned tunes/regular UDC when the UDC Pro comes out for those years?

Hi Rob,

UDC as per today will not work under the "Real Time" parameters.

Up to a data version X, the UDC will be still available, from version Y the UDC Pro will replace it for the 5.9L with the UDC with all the new features.

Ok but what about changing on the fly between canned tunes on the touch, when is that expected to come out?

You will be good on the Touch for the so called "canned" tunes. :thumbsup:

PDQ is the answer. D) :cheers:

I'm trying to follow along...

Do you know/MAY you tell me if OTF [ComMod] will work with standard Smarty tunes when its available? [04.5 Ram]

Will i be able to use the ComMod if i go with Udc Pro?

I already have the Touch & the Com Mod & i am planning to use Udc Pro when its out for my Ram.

Thanks, Brian.

#1=How will Udc Pro work with the Com Mod? Will i need to switch to Std Smarty tunes to use OTF?

#2=Or is all tuning {std Smarty AND udc & udc pro] "OTF" ?? For example, sw5 to udc tune.

Just trying to get a grip on what is coming, i like to 'chew' on what available for a while before i make my choice. :)

1 excellent. you need commod for otf

2 canned tunes and udc pro

So you will not be able to tune OTF from a standard UDC tune already saved on the SD card?

Have we hit some difficulty for the SCI trucks? According to the PDF on the MADS site it should have been released already...

Have we hit some difficulty for the SCI trucks? According to the PDF on the MADS site it should have been released already...

I'm still hopefull! I dont have $ for custom tuning yet anyway! ;p

I'm sure they will come out with it, but it seems evident there has been a delay. Just wondering how far back we are?

No hard roadblocks reported. :thumbsup:

I command Thee to release the software.....

Keeping in mind that I don't know anything about the release time frame...

The 03-05 5.9 trucks have an enormous amount of changes in their software in those 3 short years. There are probably more changes in those 3 years then in all the trucks from 2010 - 2016. For example in 2003 they had the SO, HO, California SO, and then the combinations of 47RE, 48RE, and the manual transmissions. They not only have different values in the tables, they also have some different tables.

I have a 2005, and I am looking forward to tuning it with UDC Pro-RT. In the meantime I get to use it on my 2014, which knowing what it's like on the 2014 probably just makes the waiting harder.

Paul