Rob D

Question About Shift maps and TCC Maps

Ok I feel like I'm chasing my tail with the 3-4 maps and 4th TCC maps

Question:

For the 3-4 Upshift to occur, does the throttle value need to be inside the ramp or outside?

3-4Up.png

Same Question here for the 4th TCC lockup, does the throttle need to be inside the ramp or outside?

4thTCC.png

And How about for the unlock and downshift maps?

3-4Up.bmp

4thTCC.bmp

Edited by sfpcservice

With the 3-4 shift, the tail shaft RPM has to be above that amount at that give throttle to do an upshift.

I have not tried the lockup on a 3rd gen, so I would just be speculating on that. On my 05, when racing I use a lockup switch that locks the TCC at currently 15mph in first gear. The TCC map looks a little strange to me, so I might have to play with it a little. By looking at the map it appears that at a given tail shaft rpm, and a given boost the throttle position would have to be above what is in the map in order for it to lock.

Paul

Ok that helps, thanks.

I used the TH OD off function and it worked. Then I copied all the TH maps into the regular maps so I could get a smooth TC lockup in 3rd. By copying all the maps, somehow I lost lockup in TH mode though, but it still shifted to 3rd and held.

I then tried to duplicate the TH OD off button by not using the button and just copying all the TH maps into the regular maps. Then I tried to zero out the 3-4 TH upshift map and the 4th TH TCC map to eliminate OD in TH mode. There must be some max adjustment built in because 4th still came on in TH mode.

Ok that helps, thanks.

I used the TH OD off function and it worked. Then I copied all the TH maps into the regular maps so I could get a smooth TC lockup in 3rd. By copying all the maps, somehow I lost lockup in TH mode though, but it still shifted to 3rd and held.

I then tried to duplicate the TH OD off button by not using the button and just copying all the TH maps into the regular maps. Then I tried to zero out the 3-4 TH upshift map and the 4th TH TCC map to eliminate OD in TH mode. There must be some max adjustment built in because 4th still came on in TH mode.

Yes. To keep it from going into 4th, TH OD off parameter must be selected. Also when the you have it selected so you are in OD mode (not TH), the TH maps are not used, even when the button is pushed.

Paul

So you're saying for the 3-4 shift, if the tailshaft speed and the throttle position line up ABOVE the curve the shift will happen or do I have that backwards?

I got the transmission to stay out of OD using just the maps but I believe I had to adjust the upshift and downshift maps along with redefining one of the axis on the maps to get them to cover the entire effected range. Without changing the axis, I had one spot right around cruise that would cause and upshift and then immediately downshift upon any change in throttle. I'll have to see if I can find that specific tune and link a sample.

So you're saying for the 3-4 shift, if the tailshaft speed and the throttle position line up ABOVE the curve the shift will happen or do I have that backwards?

That's go for an example. If you are looking at the Accel 3-4 Upshift map. If you look at the 3100 TOS rpm cell, it lists 100.50. That mean at ~ 100% throttle (interpolation comes into play), it will shift at 3100 TOS rpm. Another example if you are at ~30% throttle, then it will shift at 1800 TOS rpm.

Paul

I got the transmission to stay out of OD using just the maps but I believe I had to adjust the upshift and downshift maps along with redefining one of the axis on the maps to get them to cover the entire effected range. Without changing the axis, I had one spot right around cruise that would cause and upshift and then immediately downshift upon any change in throttle. I'll have to see if I can find that specific tune and link a sample.

Yep, you can have the values overlap and for the most part it will stay out of OD. As you stated, it will still do a 3-4-3 shuttle shift.

Paul

As a side note, that's actually similar to how I get a 68 to shift locked, or part locked.

Paul

Ok I think I got it now, it will shift exactly on the curve, not inside or outside...

Ok, so to lock out OD and 4th Lockup, would you set the rpm axis from 0-3200 and then set the throttle value at 100% all the way across or 0%?

The TCC Table Description reads different from the 3-4 upshift table description: "Maximum Accelerator value for TCC Lock" which leads me to believe that if you hit the shaft RPM and you are under the value of the curve it will lock, unlike the 3-4 upshift where both value have to intersect for the shift to happen.

If that is true, then you would need to max out the 3-4 shift accelerator value, and zero out the TCC lock table... Would you guys agree with this?

Edited by sfpcservice