sgopus

need help getting my computer to see smarty s03

my computer see's the device as a serial converter, but the smarty pc software doesn't see it at all, some suggestions please

Please go through the process of updating the Smarty up until the point of pressing send at the end. Lots of people think that they should see the Smarty kind of like a usb drive but it does not appear that way. If you get any errors at that point, we should be better be able to tell what is going on.

Thank you!

Thanks I've watched the video and followed all the instructions, up to the send, when I hit send it says device not found.

well it updated the handheld unit, but still the smarty software says the device is not there, when I attempt to read data from it.

Here are the errors it gives me.

Smarty model was not detected

The smarty probably does not have the UDC firmware

The smarty software versions compatable with SmartyUDCsw have the prefix"U:".

To verify the software version installed, connect the Smarty and during startup read the bottom row at right position.

{E,4002,W.2007}

Another box says To continue with the update select your smarty model in the corresponding combo box.

{I,4001}

One should not worry about the computer seeing the Smarty or even the udc software picking it up right. It may not because the s03 is not compatible with the custom tuning. As long as when you hit send it says: Erasing memory please wait, and then actually updates the tuner, all is fine.

Thank you!

I was under the understanding that I could download data from the handheld and view it on my pc, so your saying unless it's a professional unit I can't do that, or compatable with custom tuning, reading the manual, I get the impression that it's capable of doing that, guess my learning curve is still at the bottom, thanks for your time.