Orjan norway

Smarty jr speedlimiter

Hi

I have bought a 03 ram, and it has a smarty jr speedlimiter installed, can anyone tell me how to get the truck back to stock?

Saw that Rolf from Norway also have this problem, hope it worked out.

Ørjan

Grimstad, Norway

Greetings Orjan!

I've not placed with the SL nor do I have a manual here with me but I would imagine that it should have prompts when you plug the unit into the OBD port.

Thank you!

Brian

Thank you Brian for the fast reply,

There is no menu on the tuner where you can adjust it to stock, you can check if the SL is ok, and you can check for faultcodes and set the tirehight. But not get it back to stock, and it is vinlocked, says so in the starting prosess.

If i buy a smart s-06 pod, will this overwrite the data from the speedlimiter? Or do i have to unlock the SL before i install another smarty?

The company that installed the smarty in the truck is bankrupted, and cant help me and i havent found anyone else that can help me get rid of the speedlimiter.

Thank you

Ørjan

Ho Orjan,

I visited with my European associate and he tells me: "We implemented the SpeedLimiter to the Norway laws, that means that once it’s programmed it can’t be return back to US stock with the device the customer has.

A solution is to buy an US product an load a recovery into the truck."

So what we would do is build a recovery file and you would place onto your new S-06 in order do what you desire.

Please Private Message me and I will grab some truck information when you are ready to do this!

Thank you!

Brian