1Faith4ever

New to me 05 4x4 6spd

I am a new Cummins owner. Truck is an 05 4X4 RC 6spd man. with a SBC DD clutch and Airdog 100. Had the truck for a little over a week now and absolutely love it. PO said it had a tune but didn't know what it was. When I got it home and was cleaning it up I was happy to find a Smarty S06 PoD w/CaTCHER sw under the jump seat

So in saying that I have no idea on what I should run. It currently has ver. 4.05 and what I would guess is the REVO sw. I prefer mileage over hp but the best of both worlds would be great as this is my dd. I don't plan on beating on it but like the power when I need to pass a train of cars. I have no idea what has been done inside the motor if anything at all i.e injectors. Truck currently has 142k miles.

So what are some recommended settings for my scenario? Revo or TNT-R, SW settings, PoD settings etc. The less smoke the better , not a big fan of smoking everyone off the road. Thanks in advance for your input. Have a blessed day!!

Edited by 1Faith4ever

Congrats on the 05!

http://www.smartyresource.com/smarty-sr-s06.aspx This link has the newest software for your S-06. File Name

S06PV411E_URS01D

I do not like to reccomend a setting as everyone's needs are different. For myself, I would probably start with SW 5 on the REVO software. (One can experiment and it is easy to change from there) Using the newest software I would use the "greatest" timing which is timing setting 2. I would do default elsewhere and sample to see how you like that and go from there. Greatest timing = most efficiency. One could choose set TQ to stock to assure less chance of any low boost smoke. The later Smarty softwares are clean and efficient, smooth and linear.

http://www.smartyresource.com/downloads/manuals/Smarty06PodUserGuide.pdf

This guide which you will find linked will be of value to you.

If I may help further, please let me know!

Thank you!

Thanks Brian! Really appreciate the feedback and I will definitely try your settings. One thing that I have noticed that I don't really like is an rpm hang when shifting between gears. Do you know what setting causes this? Torque management maybe?

And that is the exact update I just downloaded today, thanks again my friend.

Each truck is different. One can try adjusting rail pressure to stock to see what kind of difference you have. Try adjusting tq as well to see how that changes things!

Thank you!