6GUNDIESEL

2007-09 Smarty

I came into possession of a Smarty Jr for a 2007-09 truck. I downloaded emissions legal tune off the MADS website for a 2010-2012 truck without any problems. My question is what are the timing levels for my tuner being that it has a 2011 tune on a 2007 designed tuner. 0,1,2,3,4 default? I was fortunate to get a tuner that is capable of deleting for future purposes. Serial number SJ67P1103673.

Good morning and happy Sunday!

For your year of truck: Injection Timing

The Timing selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 – Greatest (default), 3 - Advanced (less than

#2) or 4 - Mild (less than #3).

With the Default timing setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level. http://www.smartyresource.com/downloads/manuals/SmartyJR67UserGuide.pdf

Greatest = most efficiency.

This tuner, although it may have previously been on an 07 - 09 truck is intended for 07.5 - 12 with just the download of the correct software.

Thank you!

What is your opinion running default timing and power level on towing. I know the timing level selection for the 07-09 differs from a 10-12 truck. Now that I updated the tune to 10-12 truck the timing selection changes as well? Just want to make sure I'm running the correct timing.

Good morning! The software version for your year has the correct parameters for your truck. Your truck would not accept the incorrect software.

On the Jr I would just choose your software level and then use default parameters.

Thank you!