organicfarmer

OBD2 cord add on

Hey folks, I just got the Torque Pro app on my Android and also a blue tooth OBD2 scan tool.

Then i got a 2 ended cord so i can use my Touch AND my Torque app,... but the Touch dosnt want to share... Shows a error code:18053

When i unplug the cord, back to Touch only, no cord; all is well.:confused3:

Interesting, I've never tried to plug 2 things into an OBD2 at once, that may be a issue with the truck ECM and not necessarily the touch. I'm not sure this was just a stab in the dark.

Can anyone tell me what the code 18053 means? I've looked all over and couldn't find it. The other day my touch was working then i get into it today and notice the screen didnt turn on when started so i updated the firmware and no i get this code

I'd bet the Bluetooth adapter is interfering with the SCI communications. Those communications happen on separate pins though from the OBD coms, so I bet you could locate the wires for the Sci pins on the OBD adapter side of the y cable and cut them. That might work.

I'd bet the Bluetooth adapter is interfering with the SCI communications. Those communications happen on separate pins though from the OBD coms, so I bet you could locate the wires for the Sci pins on the OBD adapter side of the y cable and cut them. That might work.

great advice Rob

Locate the wires... & start snipping???

this has the potential to waste time and raise blood temp. :D

I wouldnt know where to start :think: