Sign in to follow this  
cummins1984

Throttle% to commanded quantity

Is there any meaning to final injected quantity exceeding the commanded quantity in the Accel to Fuel Conversion tables?

The same "over values" can be found throughout the transmission tables as well...

For myself the transmission tables should have zero affect on me since I'm running a manual. Am curious on if it matters if final quantity exceeding values from throttle to fuel conversion and if does matter, what it means when it does.

Is there any meaning to final injected quantity exceeding the commanded quantity in the Accel to Fuel Conversion tables?

How much difference are you talking about?

Sorry I misread your original post. I cant tell by your picture what exactly is going on, I usually put the throttle in as part of the line graph. I think if you look at it in the logger as a chart it may show you one value when it's actually blending mostly that value with another. I think if you go with a line graph you'll see exactly what throttle percentage you were at.

As far as being over commanded mm3 for a throttle percentage, unless you were running at exactly one of the 4 positions in the accel/fuel table then the OS is blending values, otherwise you'd only have four notches on the gas pedal.

In the case of it commanding more fuel, it may be blending other values in tables to come up with the final fuel amount "after corrections". If it isn't a large number I'd consider that normal behavior.

Yea the graph chart wont show the actual value at an instant moment in time unless you scale the graph chart very finely. I believe when scaled as per the tables it shows a sum average in each cell.

after some timing adjustments final quantity doesn't go over commanded values like it was.

Edited by cummins1984

In the screenshot of the graph, the highlighted cell is showing an average value of 5.48 mm3 above max commanded from the throttle, not much over. More just curious of any significance of it.

Something somewhere in the tables just has to be off for the ecm to say "hey, I need more fuel in this area than what you are telling me". In that instance, not enough to worry about.

I think it might be sort of a fly by wire thing... the ECM gets your inputs, then it figures out how best to approximate what you want within its OS and the tables and then tries to make it happen.