Sign in to follow this  
rescuethor32

Help for tuner illiterate driver on smarty jr

Hi gang new to forum and tuners. I have a 2009 Dodge 6.7 that I just bought. Had a smarty jr tuner with egr and dpf delete and straight pipe when bought. No issues with truck when bought and drove for many miles. So one day I decide to play with tuner and go from fuel economy to towing to pull a truck I sold. Seemed to program fine, until driving. Now the truck acts like there is no tuner present. Throwing egr, dpf full, o2 sensors, snd some unknown codes, that will not delete, on board truck computer states dpf is full see dealer and so on. I tried to program tuner couple of times, went back to stock, tried to reset truck computer and nothing. So I have a large yard ornament now.

Why does the truck not recognize tuner? Why will it not reset? How do I tell if the tuner is wrong one for truck. The old man that had it never used tuner, stayed in fuel economy. Not sure what to do.

Thanks..

Plug in the tuner to the obd port and write down the tune name that flashes on the screen.

Post it here.

Also post the first 6 digits of the tuner serial number here.

You have a newer emissions compliant "US" tuner and overwrote your delete tune with an emissions legal tune that doesn't allow deletes.

Right now your options are pretty limited and I don't feel we can discuss them on here so check your pm inbox.

Edited by xcc_rider