RobertReilly

100 psi stand alone map sensor

Ok im trying to find a stand alone map sensor capable of reading 100psi so I can get maximum power from my methonal injection setup, ive done dozens of searches and keep coming up with nothing maybe im searching wrong but surely some gear head here has done this, i cant be the only nut that has 800+hp methanol injection setup.

I found a universal kit from aem right after posting, ill update this post when i have it installed and mated to my methonal system.

Update: if you have purchased a banks water methonal for your truck and its vehicle specific you have to purchase a new banks controller that has a built in map sensor that reads up to 100psi it will use your existing harness and you only have to run the supplied boost hose and set the controller to use " int" instead of "5.9". I called banks and got a 40% discount if i ship my old unit back, discounted price is $211. You need part#45021.

If you have not purchased a water methonal kit but are going to buy part# 45003 this is a complete kit that will let you tune up to 100psi of boost.

P.S. my unit is 2year and 4months old.

Edited by RobertReilly

Now a ecm question for Brian or any udc programmers, AEM makes a 100 psi map sensor that uses a 5 volt signal like the factory one, can ecm be programmed to scale that sensor? It just makes sense to use factory ecm and wiring if possible for better tuning. Maybe even a custom ssr program?

Edited by RobertReilly

As long as you have the data sheet for that sensor showing the voltage to boost relation you can calibrate it in UDC Pro.  You will have to convert the voltage to ADC equivalent for UDC Pro. 

• Thanks 1