xcc_rider

Back to old forum format???

Technical difficulties I'm afraid. We will try to update again soon and hopefully no glitches.

Moving from the outdated and unsupported v-bulletin to Invision Power Board. The new updates will make the forum more mobile friendly as well. Security issues are the big issue with the old VB.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the site being down and the glitches when it is up. Hopefully, soon!!!

Thank you Dan

Server is actually overloaded causing the transition to the new forum format to fail to upgrade. An upgrade there is in order as well :thumbsup:

It's the 60's maaaan! I'm starting to experience deja vu again...

Hope you guys get it figured out.

Off now to pick some 'shrooms...

Edited by xcc_rider

Gotta love these server issues. Mike can elaborate more. Thank you for your patience! I'm ready to join you picking them shrooms. More might be accomplished that way.

The battle is not over yet. Please stay tuned! :)

Gotta love these server issues. Mike can elaborate more. Thank you for your patience! I'm ready to join you picking them shrooms. More might be accomplished that way.

The battle is not over yet. Please stay tuned! :)

This has been a complete battle from start to now. So lets tell the tale a bit. Started out with the thought of just upgrading the software and making the site more modern. That went fine for short time till the new software managed to hit the limit of 300 MB of data. Then the server went down before I could get started on the move. So I spent a few days working with the hosting company to recover the database to working size. Which the did... Well... The managed to chop off 196 MB of data on the new forum software making it unreliable data. So I suggest to move it to hosting company with more room. Now I'm caught at a point of no way of creating a reliable backup and being able to fire it up on the new server. The problem is the current hosting, server, and software are all behind the cuurent version. So attempting to move the vBulletin will not work because of its old requirements. I can't get a good backup of the new forum software database and get it moved being I'm only getting a fraction of the data. I blew another 4-5 hours attempt to cheat to get around this to find myself still stuck because of incompatiable database data or a server version issues. So my whole problem is getting a good working copy of the database and get it moved to the new server. The current hosting doesn't provide "SSH terminal" access so I'm at the mercy of the supplied control panel and it's created database backups.

I could convert the vB site over again and then attempt to move the IPB database. I'm still stuck with the ablity of creating a clean backup of the data. Like right now there is roughly 110 MB of data on the new software and database server the backup only creates a 30 MB backup. That's roughly 80 MB of data missing. The vB site I can create a good backup nearly the same size but can't get it moved because of server version differences.

Frustrating to say the least...

Sounds like you're having all the fun!

Or should I say, "I'm soooo glad I'm retired!" And business worries like that are behind me.

Now if the damn snow would melt out of my campsite I could go CAMPING!!!!!!!

Talked to Brian and the owner and we are going to attempt to push through this issue some how. Figuring on Monday to make another attempt to move the data.

The site will be up and down as we complete the upgrade. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience! :cheers:

Now we are a long ways from the old vBulletin forum software and even with a fresh new skin on the site. We are now all HTML5 and CCS3 compliant. Let me know if there is any skin problems or color issues.

• Like 1

And thank you again to Mike for putting in all this hard work to make the forum function better and look good doing it. :cheers:

:thumbsup:

@Mopar1973Man What is our inbox limit?  I just got nailed on it and had to delete a few to send a new one.  I didn't have much for messages and they were all text except one hyperlink.

I'll have to take a peek at that...

Setting was missed only allowed ZERO... I crank you boys up to 5,000 messages. Standard members at 1,000. 

• Thanks 1

One other thing, I'm not getting any email notifications.  I think it's set up properly on my end, is there a server issue or just user error on my part?

• Thanks 1

Thank you Rob!

Also we noticed some new members not getting registration emails. Hopefully that is corrected.

If any new members have issues with that, please contact us on the support ticket!

Thank you All :cheers:

Found all the notifications in my spam folder.  I think you guys have a DNS issue and possibly a certificate issue on the server...

• Thanks 1