Sign in to follow this  
CHDBrandon

New Smarty Touch Issues

So I ordered the smarty touch for my 2005 Cummins 5.9. When I first installed it and turned it on it said "unknown ecm calibration" and when trying to open the gauges it said "request start to get parameters". After reading this forum and and other google results I went to Smartyresouce.org to get the updated file. It said it is file 1.1.1. When trying to install it on the touch it doesn't read the sd card and says file is too old. I went to MADSelectronics.com and downloaded the 1.3.9 and used the 7-zip program to decompress it and load it onto the sd card. Put it in the touch and it updated just fine except it still says "request start to get parameters" and now says "Unknown Software(ECM)" am I missing something?

Thanks Brandon

Any chance you have a tune in the ecm left over from another brand of tuner?

From what I know of the truck it was all stock when I bought it. The previous owner didn't seem to have a tuner for it or anything. I bought it with a blown motor and just finished getting it back in a few weeks ago. It may be possible he did have a tune for it and never said anything. I can see if I can dig up his contact info again.