cummins1984

Boost pressure sensor linearization

No one has answer to this?  In comparison it resembles the voltage axis in EFILive but UDC shows it as count, how does it translate over to voltage?

I had some info on the topic but haven't had luck finding it again yet.  I'll keep digging.

Its a function of an analog to digital conversion.  Here is a link to the article I found that explains it.  I'm not sure how many manufacturers include the calibration data though.  These guys include the info on how to calculate it even if you don't have the calibration info and even how to drop it into excel.

https://torqbyte.com/blogs/tech/51036609-torqtune-map-sensor-calibration

• Thanks 1

To add on top of that answer those equations only work for a 5V system voltage and the MCU using 10 bit resolution on there ADC module.Odds are you will be fine using that equation,but just glancing at some of the 6.7 files there max values are 16383 - 20000 which would give you a 14bit or 15ish bit resolution.Odds are most mcu being used are 5v still,i couldnt see 3.3v yet.I think the biggest changes are just there resolution the newer the truck is.

10bit = 1023

16bit = 65535

v = (systemVoltage / maxCounts ) * counts---------------- [ (5 / 1023)  *  500 =  2.4v]  Converts counts to voltage

counts = (maxCounts / systemVoltage) * voltage--------  [(1023 / 5) * 0.5 =  102.3 ]   Converts voltage to counts