Hammered

No fuel on sw1,2 or 3

I just loaded sw1 sw2 and sw3 on my stock 2005 cummins and when I accelerate it runs like crazy for a minute and then goes dead pedal. Like the fuel rail drains. I have a brand new factory lift pump and have no problems with out the smarty tunes. It's an older smarty tuner that i bought. I can hit 25 k psi with no tune but it drops to 6k with the tune after a second or two.

It does seem as if an issue keeping up with desired fueling is causing grief. What does your new factory LP pull down to? How many miles on the truck? Stock CP-3?

Which model of Smarty?

Thank you!

140k on the truck and I'm not sure how far it drops under hard acceleration i will have to check, i think around 17k but i cant be positive. Yes stock cp3

I just find it strange that i have no problems on stock tune with keeping up with fuel demand but on the lowest setting i go dead pedal with in 2 seconds. We're there any problems with older tunes? I not sure how up to date my tune is.

Please check on your display window and let us know the version you have on it and please compare with the tunes found on our downloads page! http://www.smartyresource.com/smartyupdate.aspx

I would advise updating to the newest.

There has been no issue with the older tunes and SW 1 thru 3 are not high powered tunes unless you are using TNT-r. Which unit do you have again? If the fuel system is marginal at stock, demanding more will cause it to show it's weakness.

Thank you!

Thank you! With the TNT-r version on there you can certainly be demanding high rail pressure.

Thank you!