Jerico1174

injector identification

New guy looking for some help. I purchased some bms 50 injectors a few months ago that seemed to offer no power going from my stock injector to these. They smoke a little at idle which my stock ones didn't do, but I have no increase in boost or egt or felt seat of the pants power. While I paid for and understood I was buying brand new, they didn't really appear that way. Now the vendor I purchased form is being questioned regarding his sales tactics and I'm thinking I got screwed. If I pull one or more out can you shoe me how to determine what I have based on the numbers on the injector ?

thanks

Greetings!

Indeed that is a wise idea to check them out so you can know what you have for certain.

Please feel free to share what you see!

Thank you!

Hi Jerico,

To get the part number of the injectors would be very helpful to beeing able to help. If you send me the part number or pictures of them I can say if that is a OEM Bosch 50HP marine injector or not (also branded as BMS 50)

But if the injector number is not right, it would be very helpful to see the numbers on the nozzles also.

So best way would be to pull out 1 injector and take a picture of all numbers that you can find on the injector and share them with us.

Thanks

Martin

• Thanks 1

Ok I pulled one out. Had to have my grandson read off the #'s for me. On the body it says

F1244-4-6098
UC

on the top of the injector it says

2887   032
927    9023

What do these numbers mean ? thanks

• Thanks 1

Hi Jerico,

ok... so now I am able to help you

You do not have BMS injectors... what you actually have is  the oldest MY4.5 injector that was made... Maybe the nozzle was changed to something different.... can your grandson count the amount of nozzle holes? Originally that injector has a 5-hole nozzle

To explain your numbers:

Body:

f1244 is the body part number. short cut for F00RJ01244

04.10.22 is the bosch production date of the body (22-October-2004)

the numbers on the top

032 is the injector part number (last 3 digits) , so the injector part number is 0445120032 (oldest MY4.5 injector)

927 factory code for Charleston USA

9023 is the manufacturing date of the injector... but your grandson missed the first digit... it should be 49023 that is the code for the 23rd of October 2004

0852 is the running number of the injector

If it is untouched that injector has no design improvements included... no hard chrome coating on the valve seat... no DLC coating on the nozzle. So it will not last as long as a real new production injector. (for example the hard chrome coating of the valve seat increased the lifetime of that part by 6 to 8 times depending on the kind of wear you are looking at)

• Thanks 1

uugghhh, you've got to be kidding me ? I didn't think so :(

the tip is too heavily coated to see much of anything. Is there a suggested way to clean it ? Wire wheel or brush with solvent ?

I have a picture of it on my phone but don't know how to post it here.

I need to put this back together today so I can drive it tomorrow.   

• Thanks 1

Hi Jerico,

Click in the post box below and you will see "or choose files..."

You will have the option to place selected photos on the post.

If you need assistance with that please let me know!

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Jerico1174 said:

uugghhh, you've got to be kidding me ? I didn't think so :(

the tip is too heavily coated to see much of anything. Is there a suggested way to clean it ? Wire wheel or brush with solvent ?

I have a picture of it on my phone but don't know how to post it here.

I need to put this back together today so I can drive it tomorrow.   

hmmm ok, normally you should be able to see the holes, as they can not be closed by dirt.

please do not clean it with a wire wheel or any other mechanical cleaning device. That can damage the surface of the nozzle and also the outlet of the nozzle holes and will influence the nozzle flow. You can easlily destroy a nozzle that way.

Best way to clean them would be a ultrasonic cleaning bath, but that is nothing a normal household will carry.

With a picture I can tell you at least if it is a VAC or SAC nozzle. The MY4.5 stock injectors have a VAC nozzle and the marine injectors (BMS) have a SAC nozzle. So if they changed to marine nozzles... it should at least be a SAC type

Edited by Martin
  • Thanks 1