ArNy64

Question before buying

I have a 2001 and looking at buying udc pro,and one thing i noticed is on my smarty touch my vehicle info shows it as a 2001.5.But in the udc pro demo i only see calibrations for 2001.Would the 2001 calibration still work on a 2001.5 truck?

Thanks

You should be good to go.  You will be getting the stock file from the touch and bringing that into udc pro anyway so it will get identified properly.

• Thanks 2

Ok i figured it would i just have not heard alot of people with 2nd gen running udc pro thought maybe not all was supported yet.Just double checking thanks

Indeed there are a lot of VP guys who have shown a success with UDC Pro RT. 

I've seen Lavon Miller and others doing quite well with their tuning on VP trucks. Quite impressive.

I am looking forward to hear results from others as well. I can't wait to hear your results Arny. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Arny you can send me your stock file and I'll send you back a stock flash with the idle raised 100 rpm if you want to try it out.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Indeed there are a lot of VP guys who have shown a success with UDC Pro RT. 

I've seen Lavon Miller and others doing quite well with their tuning on VP trucks. Quite impressive.

I am looking forward to hear results from others as well. I can't wait to hear your results Arny. :thumbsup:

perfect there is more then I already thought.

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

Arny you can send me your stock file and I'll send you back a stock flash with the idle raised 100 rpm if you want to try it out.

that would be awesome,iam having trouble getting my stock file.i think iam following the right instructions it says you need to vin lock it so I programmed smartys 30 hp tune.then it says to go to ecm->get stock file.but no option shows up.i must be doing something wrong,my firmware is 1.001.01.

Thank you so much,loaded it up idle changed perfectly weird thing was my engine speed was only 800rpm not 850rpm like the file name implied.It did change though so a 2001.5 does work with udc pro.

Not sure why it went to 800...  I do see a cool idle option that is set at 800 if the motor is below 60F, maybe that kicked in.  You'll see with UDC Pro that there are so many options available it sometimes takes a couple of tries with different parameters to get the truck to react the way you want.

Also UDC identified your truck as a 2001.

• Thanks 1

Tuning the VP trucks is different then the other trucks. They are pretty easy to get performance gains. As a starting point, the Boost Fuel limits table will give the biggest performance increase. Changing the duration table doesn't have the same effect as it does on other generation of trucks. The VP trucks are highly boost referenced. You can also disable the high boost defueling under the boost settings. Once you have the quick and easy performance gains, speeding a lot of time adjusting the timing tables will allow significant gains in both power and economy.

Hope this helps to get you started.

Paul

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Rob D said:

Not sure why it went to 800...  I do see a cool idle option that is set at 800 if the motor is below 60F, maybe that kicked in.  You'll see with UDC Pro that there are so many options available it sometimes takes a couple of tries with different parameters to get the truck to react the way you want.

Also UDC identified your truck as a 2001.

I tried it out last night real quick left it in park and only got the 800rpm,this morning i drove it with the 850 tune still programmed and once i put it in gear it went to 850rpm.Weird it only shot once in gear.

21 minutes ago, paulb said:

Tuning the VP trucks is different then the other trucks. They are pretty easy to get performance gains. As a starting point, the Boost Fuel limits table will give the biggest performance increase. Changing the duration table doesn't have the same effect as it does on other generation of trucks. The VP trucks are highly boost referenced. You can also disable the high boost defueling under the boost settings. Once you have the quick and easy performance gains, speeding a lot of time adjusting the timing tables will allow significant gains in both power and economy.

Hope this helps to get you started.

Paul

Ok start with fueling,then adjust timing.Ya i wasnt sure exactly with the duration table how much that really effects fueling, i saw that defuel table my god no wonder it feels like a bus even with my 1400 stall.That definitely help thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1