I have a smarty touch on my 2000 dodge cummins. Everything was working perfect, until one morning I went to start it, and it the background does not display, and it says bad FAT table. I tried using a new SD card, but that did not work. Does somebody have any suggestions on what this could be? It has me stumped.

I remember seeing this somewhere if I remember correctly you must reload the latest tune back onto the SD card I would try that to see if it fixes your problem

So today I tried to reinstall the update on the card, and nothing changed. The touch will say bad FAT table, with the SD card in, and out of it. Does anyone have a download file containing all of the card data, or at least the file names that should be in the folder so I can see if they all are downloading on to the card?

have you tried unplugging the touch from the obd port for a couple of minutes and reconnecting you have to leave unplugged for a bit to drain all the power at least that's the way it seems to me

• Like 2

sound like something is maybe locked up in the unit should be reading SD card red or green I wonder if you can do a self test on these things or do a reset or something I would say to unhook battery's and reset ECM but don't think that would really help either .

17 hours ago, 2000Dodge said:

Today I tried powering up the unit without the SD card in, and it still reads like there is a SD card in the system. 

Good morning. Please elaborate on this?

Please format the card then update to the latest and go from there.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Brian said:

Good morning. Please elaborate on this?

Please format the card then update to the latest and go from there.

Thank you!

One day I went to use my 2000 dodge with a smarty touch, and the smarty displayed they grey background, and said bad FAT table. I tried to connect the SD card to the computer, and it would not read it. I then got a new SD card and downloaded the update onto the card. When I inserted the card into the smarty,  it would not read that the new SD card was installed. I then shut down the system, took the card out, and tried powering up the smarty without the SD card in. The smarty did not recognize that there was no card in, and still displayed the bad FAT table notification. 

Good evening!

Newest software update loaded as well?

Please call our office in the morning. It may be simpler visiting with a tech over the phone if that works for you. That may make it easier to figure out.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1