My03

Stage 3 48RE Stock turbo and injectors

Hi I have a 03 5.9 that I had just got a stage 3 transmission done and Billet flex plate done to it and I have ARP head studs, 4” exhaust (from turbo back), S&B cold air intake, FASS fuel pump 95, aftermarket inter cooler tubes and AFE intake elbow. My current set up is 

Power level #5 with timing
Rail pressure #1
Timing#3
Torque#3

my question is how much higher of a power level can I go that would still work with my stock injectors?  

Good afternoon!

I have no issues using SW 9 with stock Bosch injectors. I always utilize the "Greatest" timing as well for the greatest efficiency and mpg.

Thank you!

Thank you Brian. When you say “Greatest” timing is that the wild setting or the with timing? 

On 12/26/2017 at 1:34 PM, My03 said:

Hi I have a 03 5.9 that I had just got a stage 3 transmission done and Billet flex plate done to it and I have ARP head studs, 4” exhaust (from turbo back), S&B cold air intake, FASS fuel pump 95, aftermarket inter cooler tubes and AFE intake elbow. My current set up is 

Power level #5 with timing
Rail pressure #1
Timing#3
Torque#3

my question is how much higher of a power level can I go that would still work with my stock injectors?  

You will likely run out of air before you push the injectors too far. 

What psi do you have your wastegste opening at?

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2017 at 9:27 PM, Brian said:

Yes Sir! The Greatest is the highest level and most efficient. Our Comprehensive guide linked below will explain settings by the year.

Thank you!

Brian

SmartyTouchComprehensiveGuide.pdf

By Brian

SMARTY Touch Comprehensive guide 

The adjust options pdf appears to be missing. I get a broken link when I click on the link in the guide. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, My03 said:

Stock wastegate that I am aware of I haven’t put one on there

You will want to get an adjustable wastegste elbow and set to open at 30 psi. 

SW 5 would be the highest recommended SW level to utilize for towing with a stock turbo. If you were to use SW 9 one would need to use a light foot to avoid high egt.

Linked please view the adjustable boost elbow John spoke of which you will need for your stock 03 turbo. http://sourceautomotive.biz/adjustableboostelbow.aspx

Thank you and have a wonderful night!

• Thanks 1

So I’m putting a aftermarket wastegate on but still stock turbo if I ran SW9 would that be bad and what would be recommended for the rail pressure?

I would not worry on sw 9 as far as the turbo goes. I would not go above default RP.

and with it being an aftermarket wastegate do I need to shut the wastegate from stock to off?

For aftermarket wastegate for an 03, negative. 04.5-07 yes.

As to rail pressure increases i do adjust when I am on the dyno or the track. Even then I do not get greedy as excess rp is hard on the fuel system. I have also adjusted rp up for highway trips to accomplish greater mpg. I try not to release the accelerator pedal too rapidly as I do not wish to have rail pressure spikes which are harmful. Normally I simply keep it on default RP.