Posted (edited)

I have a weird question for you.  I have a 2007 2500 5.9 w/6 speed manual, Rize 8" lift & 37" tires. It has been regeared to run stock RPM, but when I run sw2 or sw3 and run 4,5 or 6th gear. If it lugs (1200-1500 RPM) in these settings on any hills, It beeps, sets the brake & ABS light and will not let you use 4wd. I have made some adjustments and made it better, but I have learned to live with it and carry the tuner to clear the codes, so I can use 4wd again. Have you seen this before & is it a safety built into the tuner to keep me from damaging my truck?

Edited by Whistler 07

So you have the electronic shift t-case I would assume? I have not run into this before. ABS module issue? Speed sensor issue? Please read the codes using your Smarty!

I would not imagine lugging the truck would cause this issue. I will be interested in which codes you see.

There is not a safety built in to the Smarty to activate these actions.

Thank you!

Brian,

Yes, it is an electric shift transfer case. I can't remember what the actual code number was, but it is always the rear diff speed sensor. I have pulled it and inspected it along with replacing the sensor all together and it will still set the same code. I have one place I ride snowmobiles here in Idaho & it sets that code every time with or without a trailer.  I will have to scan & write it down to update you. I'm sure, if your like me. I would like to know because it's something different. 

Thanks!

I will be real interested in seeing your codes.

The rear end tone ring or wiring issues can be a place to look.  One can look inside your diff housing. Any wear or contaminated oil. Any metal collected on the sensor which would foul it?

Please let us all know!

Thank you!

I will keep you posted with what I find as I find things out myself. It's always good to pass on weird problem info. 

:drinks:

• Thanks 1

Indeed, we may have someone on here that has been thru the same issue and can assist with a solution.

Thank you! :drinks: