Posted (edited)

I'm new to the forum and need some info for setting my J06 with BBI Stage 1's. I have a 2007 5.9 6 speed w/ 8" lift on 37's. It has been regeared to run stock RPM with this setup. I have 5" exhaust, AFE intake, stock turbo, & Smarty Jr. I just ordered some BBI Stage 1's & fuel supply  tubes today and trying to line out what I should do for tuning when I get them installed. Any advice on a starting point on the tuner would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Whistler 07

Good afternoon Whistler!

Have you looked into Smarty UDC tuning? That would be the ultimate answer. You can adjust fueling parameters just how you desire.

UDC would work with your Jr or if you desired to move to UDC Pro RT you would utilize the Smarty Touch.

Brian,

thanks for the reply! UDC, What's that? I can't find that on the Smarty website. Would you please let me in on some info or a link. 

Thanks!

Brian, 

I found a link to explain the UDC on one of your past posts, but it doesn't work anymore. I noticed with the Smarty Website that the BBi info isn't working either. But I ordered some after getting ahold of Martin at BBi to answer my questions.  Just FYI. 

Wow! I found the info on the UDC! I had no idea you guys were doing this and by reading the info, made it so easy to adjust your tune. 

Do you have any example UDC's with a similar setup to my truck?

• Like 1

Sorry for the website link issues. We have done many upgrades on the website but now we have links to correct. Our internet guy is fixing one by one.

We have several pro tuners here who have been very successful with similar trucks to yours. They are right here on the forum.

Congrats on your new BBi's!

Brian,

I got the BBI Stage 1's, fuel tubes, overhead, & Edge Insight CS2 installed on my days off. All I can say is WOW!!!!! This is NOT the same truck! It idles super smooth, considerably quieter, & smoother running! I would definitely recommend new BBI's if someone is in the market for new Injectors!

Also, Martin is awesome to work with at BBI! He always had a quick response to any questions I had on his product. ??

• Thanks 2

Brian,

Can I use my Smarty J06 in timing mode at #3 or #4 to reduce the smoke on take off & cold engine running with my BBI's? Right now, that's where I notice it smoking under normal driving and when I get on it of course. After the big investment I don't have the $ for the UDC dongle & update for my J06. 

Just Curious 

Indeed the BBi Injectors re amazing. And Martin is a great Gentleman and his knowledge is totally amazing as well. For sure it helped that he was indeed on the design team for Bosch on the Common Rail Injector for the CR injectors in our Dodge Cummins trucks.  For certain an interesting and educational discussion takes place when discussing CR injectors with Martin. Thank you Whistler!

Indeed it is simple to make those adjustments on the Jr so please experiment to see how they effect your individual truck to see if they gain the results you desire.

As to UDC, I would suggest waiting and go for the ultimate in the UDC Pro RT which will work on the Touch platform. IMO it will be worth the swap over in the long run.

Thank you!