cummins1984

High boost/low egt

Through experimenting with the tuning on my truck, different rail pressures, timing, etc. in the cruise region it seems no matter what I do I tend to have fairly low egts and high boost.  Could this be a result of a dead cylinder(s)?  For example of egt and boost I can have about 525*F egt and 7-8 PSI boost.  Or would some concider this somewhat normal?  Back when I had twins and tuned my truck on the original UDC my egts would be around 500-600 with boost down to 3-5 psi in the cruise region.  On a single turbo and UDC Pro I cant seem to produce too good of results in the cruise region no matter what I do, egt low and boost typically high and horrible economy.  Only good results I’ve been able to get is very quick turbo spool. 

i think that would depend on turbo size for me running stock turbo he351cw that is pretty normal boost and EGT numbers cause of the smaller turbine housing the turbo spins faster which to me concludes lower EGTs and higher boost numbers I really do not think that it would be dead cylinders I think if it would be that you would notice a difference in power I think with the twins that it was lower boost at cruise cause of the other turbo giving a little back pressure to the secondary turbo and both of them working together you would have better flow to motor.

More information is needed. 

What turbo? What rpms? What speed?

• Like 1