APR

Stage 2 Tranny

Hi I'm new to smarty touch just got this installed on my 05 2500,  only mod is a stage 2 transmission by Randy's transmission. Been trying to find a good setting for me. I do  Commute to an from work. So with this tranny what is the highest settings i can do, and with stock turbo and injector?

I do climb a hill about 10 miles from 0-2K elevation everyday pretty steep. Max EGT so far 900*

I tried Sw3 3tm everything else default.  Seem it had a hard time picking up speed up the hill, tranny didnt downshift right and trottle almost to the floor. Wasnt good.

Tried Sw5 and all default, going up the hill motor sounds like its chattering below 2000 rpm. Needed to manually down shift to 2nd. Seems it wasnt having enough fuel.  But im no diesel mechanic I just know my truck no sound good.

Tried Sw1 2tm, ran ok feel stock.

Im now on Sw3 all default. Its ok feels also like stock. Runs smooth.

Im looking for safe good power that the truck can handle without compromising anything. I want to be able to climb this hill with ease and speed without my fuel gauge going down so fast.  Didnt try adjusting Tm yet not sure what setting is safe for this Stage 2 tranny.

Also i need to understand the timming setting on the this smarty touch. 

I do like the display on the gauge. This is why i got it. It have everything i need Egt, Boost, Trans temp, RP and more..  just need help with my settings.

Thanks 

Good morning.

I do not like to advise on settings as each one's driving habits loads and uses are different.

Unsure on your trans but one would believe with stock injectors it should hold up to higher SW levels. Stock auto's we recommend SW 3. I always use higher SW as I know my driving habits and I do not Lug my engine. I manually shift down before it is needed especially with a load. Lugging will kill any auto trans and hurts manuals as well.

I place timing at the "greatest" setting to offer greater efficiency, power, mpg, and cooler egt.

With a stock turbo if the truck belonged to me I would use SW 5, timing "Greatest". TQ stock. RP default.

Please view our comprehensive guide which will assist you. 

Thank you!

Brian

Thanks Brian, ill try that.  Also once it is programed.  Can i remove and uplug the smarty touch and still drive the truck without it losing ots setting?  I ask this because if i need to leave my truck at a shop or  friend i dont want them changing anything.

Indeed you can remove the unit and your tuning on the ECM stays intact.

:cheers: