Lee L

P0606

I just got my MM3 a few weeks ago and keep getting a P0606 code. Truck runs great had no problems with install or tune loading. Also no check engine light on. Only shows when I check DTC function. Clear it out and it comes right back. Any ideas? 

What year of truck? Besides the MM3 what mods have been done to the truck? In most cases the P0606 code on a tuned truck is not a problem. 

Paul

• Like 2

It's a 05 6 speed. Valair organic dual-disc. Intake/exhaust. Everything else is stock except gdp 2 micron kit. It's running great. Very clean and responsive, and only shows up in DTC menu with no check engine light. Never had this code with smarty jr. Showed up as soon as I installed mm3. Thanks for your help.

The only time I ever have it show up is when checking the codes with the engine running after I've done a RTP/Rtg flash.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4Play said:

The only time I ever have it show up is when checking the codes with the engine running after I've done a RTP/Rtg flash.

It will also happen on some of the newer trucks that have certain equipment that may have been removed. The ECM has timers that will check certain things at different times. These are normally called "watch dog" processes. In the case of the RTG or RTP, it notices that RAM memory has changed from the flash memory. Which of course it has.

You can either ignore the code, or the person that wrote tune can disable the code.

Paul

• Thanks 1