raab

Smarty touch sw#’s and settings

Good morning, 

im new too the smarty world my truck is an 04 3500 6 speed with a dual disk clutch some light mods stock fueling though I want to try some of the higher sw levels I have it on sw7 rite now since yesterday so far so good I read somewhere that putting the timing on 3 is better for mileage or is sw7 too high for a stock truck I dont drive with my foot to floor all the time but I like to give it a little juice here and there what are some other sw levels and settings to try?

thanks 

Good morning!

Per policy we recommend sw 3 for a stock auto and sw 5 for a stock clutched manual. If you have driving habits which allow you to drive with trans health in mind one may get away with using a higher sw level.

The greatest timing is what I prefer due to increased efficiency and mpg with a lowering of egt. The timing settings vary by the year of truck as you can view on our adjustment guide on our comprehensive manual.

Thank you!

Brian

Quick question I've had my smarty touch now for bout 5 days and I keep getting diff answers so I figured I better ask the professionals. When I'm changing my sw# tune and when it allows me to adjust my fr timing and tq is 1 mild 2 med and 3 max or opposite?

Good morning!

Please check out our Touch manual for details. The optional parameters are different thru the model years.

Thank you!