Mick2500

Website Theme hotspot missing

There is only one theme... This one since there is no other theme there is no selection. 

I can design another theme but it also adds to my workload of managing more on the site and upkeep. 

• Thanks 1

Staff can see my other test profiles but they are not public ready. more or less ability to test code before releasing to the public. This is done for security purpose. You would want to add code to your website that could possibly add a backdoor for a hacker to access the website by cross site script (XSS) errors or other means of injection. Once it does happen and the hacker drops their payload could either down the website or create serious other security issues. This is why I don't like running multiple skins or themes because now you have to test and check each skin / theme for issues. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There is only one theme... This one since there is no other theme there is no selection. 

I can design another theme but it also adds to my workload of managing more on the site and upkeep. 

Thanks  for clearing that up Mike.  I was beginning to think I was on some hidden site. :)

A plain black/white theme would be easy to read instead of this yellow/pastel yellow combination but it is NOT worth building a new theme.  You do enough already.

Mick

Tucson

Edited by Mick2500
  • Thanks 1

Black skins are very tough because the OEM skin is based on black text on white background. So careful change of colors I can work with theme easy but the colors have to stay on the brighter side. When you flip to darker colors now all the light colors got to go dark and all the dark colors have to go light. This becomes a huge challenge because now you have to run every single CSS file and flip colors that are now hardcoded in the skin. 

css.png

I will admit we are missing our background that was a Smarty touch Image but I need to dig and see if my backup have a copy of it. I can see if I can create something as a child skin from this skin that is a bit darker. 

• Thanks 1

So for the time being change the background to #222222 for color. The yellow background is still set as transparent so the dark grey is bleeding through.  

• Thanks 1

I had a 77 Dodge dually that color. Dodge called it Harvest Gold. I called it baby**** brown.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder. :)

Was wondering so bleed thru makes sense.

Thank you Mike!