pasquel81

2018 Ram smarty touch won't turn on

Brian,

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a 2018 ram and traded in my 2007.5 ram. I set the 2007.5 back to stock before I traded it and tried to plug my smarty into my 2018 to use as a monitor for now and it won't turn on. I plugged in the smarty and the commod with no luck. I had the latest and greatest firmware on the unit before i removed it from the old truck.

If and hopefully I can get the unit to come on will I have to buy a new license to use it as a monitor per the new vin lock policy?

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Good afternoon John!

Indeed to unlock the ecm of the '18 and load the unit you will need to have a vin license for the '18. You can grab a vun license from our support tab above. Simply make a support ticket and designate it "Vin License" and a form will pop for your info in the ticket, and you can attach your Vin Lic request right to the ticket. I will get that to our programmer and attach the License right back to your ticket.

To use as a monitor you should be able to plug in and view without loading a sw level onto the ecm.

Thank you!

Brian

Brian thanks for the quick reply! I will fill out the request form for the license but before I buy a new one should my Smarty at least power on or do I need to load the new license onto the SD Card for it to power on? I just want to make sure its working before I purchase the new license. 

Thanks a ton for the help. 

John

Good morning!

Correct, it should power on where one can view the monitor before loading the software onto the truck. Please check your connections. If it worked on the 07.5 you should view the display on the '18.

Brian, good morning. I was able to get the touch working. I’m not sure why after I checked all the connections and the commod I plugged it in without the commod and it powered up. I then reattached the commod and it was fine.

thanks for your help! I will get the support request sent out to you.

Thanks,

John

• Thanks 1

Thank you John,

I will watch for your ticket.