cummins1984

VIN unlock code

@Brian, how do I go about getting a vin unlock on my touch that I pulled from my crashed truck so I can load a tune onto my new one?

Good afternoon!

Please go up on top of the forum page and lick on the support tab to create a new ticket. Designate the ticket as "Vin License" in the "Department" slot.

You would attach your vin license request  directly to your support ticket.

I will watch for your ticket and get that request to our programmer who will build you a vin license for your new truck.

This link will assist. 

Thank you! :drinks:

• Like 1

My internet is being painfully slow. I’ll get it in tomorrow at work where I’ll have better internet.  Do I need to send in any files off the touch as card?  I still have the stock file from the crashed truck and the stock file from the new

You would only need to worry about the file off the new truck which you would grab after plugging the new truck in. 

Thank you!

Follow Brian’s post above and it’ll guide you through the steps to getting a vin license unlock 

• Thanks 1

@Brian If I sold my vehicle and returned it to stock.  Do I still need to get it unlocked before I sell it?

Is there a cost to unlock it?

Indeed, simply set it back to stock. Your truck would be safe to sell then. To use your Smarty Touch on your new truck you would simply go to our support tab and grab a vin license after plugging in the truck. This guide explains it all.

Thank you much!

14 hours ago, cummins1984 said:

No rush, just curious how long the process takes. 

Jim, usually 24 hours on a week day. :drinks:

Oh, I got my ticket in on last Friday I think it was, maybe I didn’t complete it?  I was having internet troubles.  I did get past the payment part and get a receipt. 

Indeed if it is not fully filled out a ticket will not pop. Please check that and if you can get me a heads up with a ticket number or link I can jump right on it.

Thank you!

Brian

Hi Jim,

Yeah, #354 is just an invoice. You have a ticket with forms waiting to be completed. You should be able to complete by going to your invoice first.

Thank you!

Looks like I need to pull a file off the sd card to attach to the request?   That’ll have to wait a few days till I’m home again lol. 

• Thanks 1

Lemmeno Jim. I will keep an eye out. :drinks: