installed a new smart touch in a 2015 2500 87,000 miles also remove bully dog gt about 3 months ago. after install at the 60 hp the truck runs better in stock any ideas of what i did wrong.

It’s plug and play.  Can’t really do anything wrong.  Try different SW levels and settings on the SW levels to find what you and your truck likes.  

• Thanks 1

my levels only show 30,60,120 i think 200 tried all up to 120

Try flashing the latest firmware onto the touch then reflash the ecm with a SW level to take advantage of the updated touch firmware

No problem.  Play around with different timing and rail pressure settings and what not on the different levels to find what you like.  I’ve only used smarty on a 3rd gen so I can’t say how they should feel on a different gen. 

• Like 1

Well down loaded the latest version 2.1.25 went and loaded in to truck said i had the latest firmware which was 2.0.08 i think i read so went to switch on the hp and the tuner said had to resort back to stock so i guess the switch on the fly is not working

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Well down loaded the latest version 2.1.25 went and loaded in to truck said i had the latest firmware which was 2.0.08 i think i read so went to switch on the hp and the tuner said had to resort back to stock so i guess the switch on the fly is not working

You want to do a complete reflash of the ecm onto a SW level to take advantage of the new firmware.  Whether that’s flashing to stock then flashing a SW level or easier yet just flash to a different SW level than what was loaded onto the ecm.  Then all the features should be available to you.  I’d ask if you ave the commod as that is required for on the fly switching, which is completely different than reflashing the ecm, but if memory serves me correctly your year model requires it to unlock the ecm for flashing so you have it already.  

• Thanks 1

Since it’s flashing back to stock, once it’s done just flash a SW level you want to begin with and should be all good to go

• Thanks 1

why would it tell me the version 2.00.08 is up to date when i tried to install the new 2.1.25 any idea

Not sure.  Try formatting the sd card and unzipping the firmware to the sd card, put it back in the touch.  It should automatically update to the new firmware on the sd card

• Thanks 1

Yes a little bit I believe the def setup limits what the power out is but I’m trying different things but I did get it updated thanks for all your help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is there a way to tune the transmission on the truck

With UDC Pro you can get a tune custom tailored to your truck.  Even on a stock truck you stand to gain benefits from a custom tune one the engine/transmission plus have the capability of readjustment to the tune as addons are installed. 

• Thanks 1