Rob D

Governor Pressure Table

@Brian Can you see if the mads guys would be willing to tell us the reason the governor table doesn't work on the 05's?

• Thanks 1

05 trucks have some unusual features from Daimler Chrysler placed into their software. Why? It is a mystery to me. I do not have explanation in detail but that is a simple summation. 

It is curious as to why the table would even be included in the software if not functional.  I know there are a few other tables/options that are not included that do work so why put one in that doesn't.  Seems as though they just did a blanket list that covers most years/features.  I know there are a few tables on the older trucks that have no functionality as well.

The workaround to this is to set the WOT Gov table to activate at about 5% throttle and deactivate at 3%.  Changes on the WOT governor table do work, so in this configuration you can have control over your governor pressure which is mainly helpful to me for delaying the 1-2 shift.  The 2-3 shift seems better adjusted using ttva.

The downside is I think the WOT governor pressures are lower than the regular gov table pressures and this facilitates a downshift when you step on it.  So if you use the WOT table all of the time you won't get that effect.

All things aside, I found what looked to be 4 governor tables in the stock flash and I've always wondered if they got the wrong one in UDC Pro, because SOMETHING is definitely setting the governor pressure.