Brien_L

MM3 gauges, primary boost, drive pressure, rail pressure

What kind of gauges can be hooked up and configured on MM3.  I have a 3x pillar gauge for total boost, EGT, and Trans temp.  But for tuning reasons, I'd like to also have primary turbo boost in compound setup, exhaust drive pressure, and fuel rail pressure.  

Thanks!

What about adding gauges though for things such as an extra boost gauge on the primary turbo or exhaust drive pressure?  Can I connect those to MM3 or do I have to get separate gauges for those?

That's kind of what I figured.  Any recommendations for a dual pod setup.  Steering column, overhead, etc.

I've got a 3 gauge pod on the top of the dash.  The only things I've really needed so far are boost, drive pressure, and fuel pressure.  I wouldn't mind moving my fuel pressure somewhere else and monitoring intermediate boost.  I really like the dash pod as it does not interfere with visibility and you can still see the road in your normal window of view.  Overhead and on the steering column or lower on the dash seem to be harder to glance at when needed.  I would recommend the top dash mount or pillar.

Thanks for the advice.  I think that's the route I'll go.  I'm a bit nervous for drilling and tapping the manifold for the drive pressure.  Never done that before. 

Any recommendations on locating primary turbo boost line?  The primary has a line that attaches to an external wastegate.  Can I just T into that line?  It's the newer ATS Aurora A3k/A5k kit.

Drilling and tapping the manifold is really easy.  Let the truck idle while doing it so the exhaust will help prevent anything from getting into the manifold and use anti seize on the drill bit and tap as another measure to capture filings.  Be sure to use a tapered thread tap and don’t run it all the way down.  Want the threaded hole to have a bit of a taper for “sealing”.  

Got it, thanks for the tips!  Did you have any thoughts on primary turbo boost line?

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the primary turbo boost line for you.  I would imagine teeing into its wastegate hose would be fine.