New to the tuner world, and understanding what the added timing is doing? Stock 2000 dodge with 5 speed manual. Trailer weighs around 12000. I drive with a soft foot,but it seems like its always windy, jus need a little more power,  lookin for a little more guidance.

Am I ok to run the SW7 tune ? Or are them strictly for like drag racing or sled pulling applications. Havent pulled the trailer yet, but run nice around town temp wise.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Good morning,

The increased timing adds efficiency which you notice with increased mpg, cooler egt, and more power.

If your clutch is in good condition and you drive with a soft foot and use proper rpm's under load you could consider SW 7. I wont advise you on a SW choice as everyone has different needs but SW 7 and a stock clutch I had no issue towing with my driving style on my 02.

:drinks:

• Like 1

Thanks for responding, that's what I needed to hear.  Went with the 5 last weekend and it pulled like a beast. Don't have an EGT guage, but coolant temps were good. Think I'll just leave it there.. Thanks again

• Thanks 1

I'd leave it on 5.  All levels max duration at wot, you just max it sooner on higher levels.  Not really needed for towing.

• Like 2

Like I said I don't have an egt guage yet, and because of that I don't think I went past 1/4 throttle and it was still night and day difference from stock with the trailer on.  Maybe be a little less cautious this weekend. You guys have done your homework, thank you... Money well spent !

pickup.jpg

• Like 1

I am envious of that trailer of yours. 👍

Thanks, it works well with the 14 ft garage for racing bikes.  And enjoying a few beers at the state park..lol

But it is a wind hog with that big square nose, that's why I was looking for just a little more hp, witch we def found. Just ordered gauges tonight, gonna feel better with those, thanks again

• Thanks 1