Terry

Assistance for a Newbie

I know this seems like a redundant question, But the J-67 ME tuner I have, displays Injection Timing #0 (default), #1 (OEM stk tmg), #2 (default low smoke), #3 (more than #2), #4 (more than #3). After reading numerous threads none of them truly touch on which setting would be best for L/100 and performance on this particular model. A little confusing when 2 settings are labeled default.

Any HELP would be greatly appreciated, presently set on #2 DEFAULT (low smoke) timing combined with SW #2 towing. Looking for the optimal setting for a 2011 6.7L 3500 Laramie, DPF deleted, EGR deleted, turbo back exhaust, conical AFE air box.

Edited by Terry
added more info

Hi,

I understand the confusion. The 0 for default is a shortcut. Setting 2 is the default setting and 0 will get you there also. Timing setting 2 is the 'greatest' amount of timing ( if indeed you are running a newer software) and the most efficient for your ''11''.

Thank you!

Thank you Brian,

I'm about to embark on the first RVing trip of the year and hoping I have the settings adjusted correctly, I appreciate your information.

As a junior member this forum is fantastic. To my memory I believe I'm running the last pre-emission version of the ME update. Is there an advantage to my scenario to download the latest emission version download.

It is advisable to always update to the latest software version that is usable in your particular truck. US versions, aka emissions friendly are only usable for trucks that are intact.

Thank you!

Thanks Brian,

Towed my fifth wheel (total wt. approx 12,500 lbs. dry), the settings seem to operate admirably, however seem to be getting a convertor shutter when pulling to pass. Is it possible to much timing, or could it be a conflict with the onboard tow/haul with the tow setting program?

A convertor stutter! Perhaps it is not liking the power? What I usually do is shift out of OD prematurely when towing. It is not the timing level but one could experiment with a lower power level, but on SW 2 you "should" be safe assuming your trans is in good condition.