enaudc

Still not for sure which settings

So, got the Smarty JR and read about a million threads on settings and I'm still not sure how I should set mine up. So HELP....

2006 2500, 125K, second owner, automatic, BONE STOCK, Nebraska

I pretty much drive like a grand ma, maybe even slower. The gas peddle has never touched the floor board. I drive about 50 miles of highway everyday to work, speed limit is 75, I drive 65 because I'm in no big hurry to get anywhere. I pull a 9k lb camper throughout the summer. Bought the Smarty to get a little more power/mileage when pulling the camper and would like a little more power/mileage when just driving around. Not lookin for a race truck and really don't want it to blow a bunch of black smoke down the side of the camper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DC

Good morning! SW 2 is what we recommend for a bone stock auto. Myself, I use SW 3 with a "healthy" auto and avoid giving the pedal aggressively at low rpm and I shift down prematurely keeping the rpm in it's happy spot. Too low of rpm and your trans has too low of line pressure. I always ramp up the accelerator pedal gently vs stomping it. This is what I do. However I again quote company recommendation policy of SW 2 for a stock auto truck. Driver input makes all the difference in trans life.

Thank you!

Got it Brian, Thanks. What would be the company line and your recommendations when pulling the camper around, it's about a 9k bumper pull. SW2 with all factory programmer settings or do I drop it down to SW1? Once again, I drive her like an old lady just like to have a little more power when I need it. Thanks DC

You and I drive the same way especially when towing. Myself, I would use SW 2, default parameter settings. Be sure again, to drive at the happy rpm range 1900 and ramp the accelerator pedal easy instead of stomping. If your trans is healthy I would not expect issues when driving in the suggested manner.