scramblerman

New from Edge to Smarty!

Hello all

Just installed my smarty touch a few days ago. Had a Pre-CTS edge juice with attitude with hot unlock. Before the injectors had no rail pressure surge, after it had it at anything over 70 mph. With the smarty that is gone now! Very impressed with the fuel mileage so far and towing with this tuner! Turning here for some help with what I should run with rail pressure and timing. Anything over 1 with TQ and the skinny pedal becomes overly touchy.

Towing:

sw5

RP stock

Timing stock

TQ 1

Driving/Race

sw9

RP stock

Timing stock

TQ 1

I am just concerned about what to do with the timing and RP since I have upgraded injectors and CP3. Once I get a new turbo it will be getting UDC dyno tuned. Towing wise I was really happy. I am sure adding some RP and timing will make it even better.

Compared to the edge the smarty with the sw9 it definitely takes off better than the edge. Tho once I get to 2000 rpm and up it doesn't pull like the edge did. I know that it is not fueling the engine hard like the edge did. Would what you guys recommend me setting my RP and Timing to on the Tow and the Driving/Race setup. As of right now the fuel mileage has been fantastic. Is it worth me getting the unlock to TNT-R? Tho willing to sacrifice some MPG for more HP/TQ. Just want to be safe till udc. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Also I bought a SRT-10 pillar and a edge gauge pod mount. May move the edge around to the left side and see how that looks.

20150608_113902_zps5nskjwyk.jpeg

Good morning! For daily driving and towing I would use tq 1. I like my timing on the greatest for most efficiency so timing level 3. TNT-r is a free upgrade for your Touch. Do you need it? How power hungry are you? It will give you some gain over the Revo software.

http://smartyresource.com/downloads/manuals/RevoTNT_SW_Instructions.pdf Here is a read on TNT-r. Keep in mind that the Revo software gives no more rail pressure than stock. I simply ramps up quicker. Not the case with TNT-r which indeed gives higher RP.

Brian. Thank for the quick response. I don't think I need the rail pressure set higher. I can hit 25,000psi already as is. I am looking for more power but would use the POD to back it down for regular driving. I really don't think I want more rail pressure just for it to ramp faster. Thanks!

Edited by scramblerman

Certainly! Call and request the TNT-r and see how you like it. If you desire no quicker ramp up on Revo nor more RP with TNT-r be sure to simply run rail pressure on "Stock".

Thank you!

Brian