twvette

Settings for '05 with built auto trans for daily and towing heavy?

Trying to read between the lines from various posts with different setups for proper settings for me. Here are my truck details:

'05 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD AT. Fred Swanson billet trans/triple disc, Carli Backcountry +3in w/progressive leafs, 20x9 xD Misfit wheels, 316/60-20 (35in) Toyo MT's, Smarty Touch w/pyro, AFE Pro Dry stage2 intake, 5in Silverline exhaust, 4.10 gears, 180 thermostat, trans temp gauge,

For daily driving with some occasional fun knowing to take it easy as settings a little extreme would this be good:

sw5, t3, tq3, rp1

For towing a very heavy 5th wheel toy hauler that weighs in at about 22k lbs and being extremely aware of my driving habits to take it easy on trans, etc:

sw3, t3, tq1, rp1

*** Note, I have had issues with very high EGTs up to 1500 defuel on a long 6% pull but easily at 1350 on small short climbs as well as coolant getting up 230 on the long climb but normally under 200. Very sluggish of line/hard to get trailer moving. Hoping the Smarty helps with this compared to my old Bully Dog GT that I now think might have been doing more harm than good even in stock or tow modes. I only tow this a couple times a year any real distance.

Any other settings to check/change I might not be considering?

Thanks!

Good morning!

I would have to agree with your SW and optional parameter setting choices for the tasks you will be doing with the 05 and your good driving habits.

Thank you!