Rob D

Torque Management level and transmission kickdown

I developed a towing tune in UDC and when headed up a steep grade the truck will try to hold 4th gear far longer than it should and sometimes at low rpm which results in a blanket of black smoke behind me and hi egt.

Does the tourque management have anything to do with this? If I lower the torque will it allow a kickdown sooner?

I'm in a 2005 by the way. Trailer is about 9000lbs.

I would most certainly play with the TQ . As far as tuning effecting shift points, negative!

Please keep me posted as to results of your changes!

Thank you!

Brian,

I'm having problems getting mine to down shift from 3rd to second under 25mph as in passing someone. Mines not too bad in the other gears as I usually have enough load to light the turbo good. I'm running the silver bullet 62 and it will smoke like crazy too. I've played with the TQ settings and can't seem to find anything that will help. I'm already at a level I have to let off the throttle slightly to shift into 4th at anything under 45 mph. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am running a Goerend valve body so I have a call into them too. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Brian,

I'm running a UDC of mine. My torque management settings are 3.1, 12, 24, 37, 50, 65, 80 & 100 respectively. Smoke control, power and mileage are all good. If I lower them any more the shift points drag out too far. I also have 100 HP nozzles and an exergy 10 mm pump. It ran 7.80s @ 87mph in the 1/8, gets 19mpg @72 and 15 in town. Just that one little quirk lol.

Thanks