organicfarmer

J-06 high/low settings & shift points

G-day! matthew here,.. i have a j-06 & i like it. I want to verify that i understand the timing & torque high & low settings. is 2-3-4-1 the high to low order? 4 is more then 1? [1 being like stock] does torque come on slower in 'low' settings; but what about WOT? Lastly, how does torque setting affect shift points? thank-you!!

Good evening Matthew!

You got it figured out. http://smartyresource.com/downloads/manuals/SmartyJRPUserGuide.pdf Torque

The Torque selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less

than #3).

Default is 2. Mild but still the highest TQ. Stock is the least. TQ settings control how fast the power comes on. With the Jr one does not notice a big difference between TQ settings but lets say you have the Touch or the SR S-06 on a high setting the TQ settings make more difference. In fact when I use TNT-r 7 (race sw) TQ at the highest setting (4 on the S-06) the throttle is touchy on my 700 horse truck. The Jr is less dramatic with the highest TQ.As to shift points, the throttle position effects that so the TQ setting could, in a way make the shift points different simply by the amount of pedal you use.

Injection Timing

The Timing selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Greatest, 3 - Advanced (less than #2) or 4 -

Moderate (less than #3). Timing default is 2, the "greatest". I always use the "greatest" for efficiency. 1/stock is indeed lowest timing.

Thank you Matt and may your weekend be superb!

Brian

Thanks for the quick reply! I would agree that the torque setting dosent make a huge diff. [at least i didnt think so] What about torq. on setting 1, would this affect WOT?

700 HP!!,... wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I was playing w/PoD, set @ 25 & went for a drive....what a slug! I was teasing my wife that 30 is 'her' setting!:smile: it sure makes a diff.! thanks!

Good morning Matthew and happy Saturday!

At WOT when you first get on it you may notice a slight difference by turning up the TQ. It's all where it comes in. Not the TQ at peak. You wouldn't notice the difference much by looking at "peak" torque on the dyno.

715 rwhp? Come on! Smarty and BBi 1's with a set of Source twins for the air. Makes a fun DD. You'd love that Matthew. :thumbsup:

LOL @ your PoD for the wife. My wife has her own special PoD setting too. :lol:

Thank you Brian!!

my goal is 400+rw hp..........that will do!

int. & exh./ smarty-jr for now trans. next week!!

dreaming ==diff. turbo/ udc

maybe/hopeful==cam/ exh. manifold/ s-06?

:happy:

Congrats on the trans! With your Jr on SW 3 you will be close to 400. Then start saving for the BBi 1's and a turbo or even better yet, twins and get serious. :D :thumbsup: It never ends. One always wants more :D Loving this hobby :thumbsup: