I have a stock 2012 Ram 2500 crew cab tuned with the Smarty s-67. What kind of exhaust system can I upgrade to with just the s-67?

Can I go straight pipe with no other changes? Or what are my options for exhaust? Not sure what effect the s-67 will have on the dpf or other parts of the exhaust.

I have my exhaust totally stock on my 6.7. Smarty tuning, as we experienced on our testing can give you 25% better mpg with less re-gens required and less emissions..

Take a look at this: http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?450-Cummins-6-7L-FTP-75-drive-cycle-test-results

This should help when you weigh options about which way you want to go with exhaust mods. For me, my exhaust will remain stock.

Thank you!

Brian

That's great and that is what I thought, I could keep it stock. Now one more question.

What could I do if I wanted to make it louder/rumble or what not?

Recommendations that I could do to gain this would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps one could remove just the muffler which would give you more of a tone. The muffler is not considered part of the emissions system and the turbo could be considered a muffler. However some local govt's may have laws regarding non stock exhausts so be sure to inquire about laws in your area.

So essentially I could do a dpf/back type exhaust? without making any changes from stock.

Just new to these changes to a diesel truck, but that does mean more or less just removing the muffler right? or removing from the dpf back to the tip (leaving the dpf on) I do understand this needs to comply with local laws. Just want an actual starting point. You have been a great help.

For example this is what I would be interested in for my truck. Will this accomplish what I am looking for?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/displayapplications.asp?partnumber=17916

Thanks man.

Good morning! Indeed that should work for you. Another choice would be simply to remove the muffler and replace with straight pipe. (If legal in your area! I have to say that)

Thank you!