Unlogicalme

Newbie Alert! Just curious about the POD settings/what do they do

Good afternoon everyone! As you can tell, newbie to the Smarty world. I recently just picked up the Smarty Touch for my 2004.5 Ram 2500. I have to say, took some time to understand and get use to setting the parameters, but I believe now that I have a general understanding of everything.

My truck isn't stock, but with just minor upgrades. Full 5" exhaust, S&B Intake, Banks High Ram, ATS Wastegate, brand new Transmission from previous owner (Not sure if it's stock or not) and probably some other little things I'm forgetting.

But my question is, what exactly is the POD for? I was reading the description, but for some reason still couldn't understand when the best time would be to use it. I don't want to go messing with it and somehow screw my truck up. Say if I was going to put the POD on 50%, what would that do, increase the power by 50%? That's what I was getting out of it, but I'm pretty sure I'm incorrect on my assumption

So yeah, if someone could give me some explanation on things, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon!

Pod, Power on Demand offers a reduction in power to the wheels and it can be done on the fly. Experiment with it as there are no ill effects. Just do not put it on a real low number in traffic as the truck will barely move. PoD 99 is your full power. Here is an explanation for you: http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?141-Power-On-Demand

Thank you!