organicfarmer

power gains, s-06

s-06 on its way to me! i was wondering what the power gains are on my 04.5 ram. i have seen 2 different #ers on diff. venders sites. #7 & #9,...the one says #7=130hp & #9=170hp AND the other was #7=160hp & #9=210 hp.

THE s-06 is used, only 2yrs old. i expect it has the latest programing. THANK-YOU!

Edited by organicfarmer
'other' vender #7 , i had it wrong

Beat-cha to it! :) should get the s-06 tomorrow! i would like some general advise on settings. low smoke, dd, some towing, etc.....i only race my shadow :) is tnt a free download? benifit me? what is 'general' mpg gains over stock? What is REVO? gasp!,...i'l stop now... thanks!

Edited by organicfarmer

Good morning Matthew and congrats on the S-06! :thumbsup:

The REVO is the standard software. The TNT-r is a free upgrade. For you? Not at this time as you need more supporting mods to be able to take advantage of the TNT-r. However TNT-r SW 7 is a good mpg tune if driven for mpg. Watch the pyro and watch the trans!

SW 3 is what we recommend for a stock auto and SW 5 for stock clutched manual. On a stock or mild auto I still use SW 5 and I use TQ 1. Timing 2 (greatest). RP 2. I drive with my trans in mind. If you don't use SW 3! Your mileage will vary. Here is a quick example on a recent trip, I tested SW 5 then switched to SW 9 and gained 1.5 mpg. With what I had loaded in the bed I got 16 on SW 5 and 17.5 on SW 9. Another example pulling a trailer I got 9 mpg stock and 12 with the Smarty S-06 traveling the same speeds. This was on TNT-r SW 7 so I only had to wiggle my big tow slightly on the pedal to get the load up the hills. On other testing we have noticed 25% less fuel used on SW 9 compared to stock tuning. Your results may vary.

I installed an s-06 on a Gentleman's truck and he called and was real tickled with the power on SW 5. He called me a week later and mentioned his MPG was down. After riding with him I could see why. He was USING that new found power. He went from driving like Grandpa Jones to driving like a Ricky Racer. That is a common occurance after adding power. it is hard to leave the pedal alone. Once he got used to the power he started driving in his usual way and he too found a good mpg increase.

How much power do you gain?

•SW # 0 : Half power

•SW # 1 : 30 hp increase, with added timing .

•SW # 2 : 60 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 3 : 60 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 4 : 90 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 5 : 90 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 6 : 160 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 7 : 160 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 8 : 210 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 9 : 210 hp increase, with added timing.

TNT-r starts out on SW 1 @ 130 rwhp and SW 9 @ 260 RWHP. However, on one of my trucks with all the right supporting mods for my goals I dynoed 390 ish hp less with stock tuning compared to SW 9 on TNT-r. That was the only change made.

G-MORNING BRIAN! thank-you! I edited my 1st post [wrong #ers] [thoroughbreddiesel, rattle their cage!!] :) sounds like tnt is more then i need/want for now!...thanks for the examples!, results ''will'' vary :)

yup!, self control is tough! i have a shift kit now, so i bumped my jr to sw3,..ill prob. set the s06 on sw5, that will be close. does the s06 give more adjustable on torque settings? on the j06 that didnt seem to make much diff. lower rpm smoke...

i was checking #ers the other day so that when i get my moded stock turbo [tater 62-65] i can compare...from stand still to full petal.= stock, nice 'n' slow till she was movin.... :) sw3.... git up 'n' go has meaning now! broke tires loose!, but,..yeah i left a cloud of black! sw3-2-4-99

What do you mean 'trans in mind'? of course i do! :) thats where my nice'n shine'n deep pan is, my firm shift kit, hd servo, hd transducer, and a bunch of $$$ers are :) some time ill do the rest! 3tc, HD master kit, flex plate?, input shaft?, etc...

have a great day Brian!

Indeed Matthew, you will notice a greater difference by adjusting the tq settings on s-06 compared to the Jr. and the higher the setting the more evident the difference is.

Indeed SW 5 on the S-06 is right there with the SW 3 on the Jr.

Have a happy Friday and a great weekend Matthew!

i think the lower hp #ers are the older tuning.

i was wondering about wastegate control,...im getting a moded stock turbo.

should i turn wastegate off?, or does the s06 allow for more boost? guys with this turbo speak of up to 40psi. i dont want more then this.

Yes Sir Matthew, older softwares had those lower hp values. Newer SW's offer the greater hp values.

I would leave WG setting alone.

All Smarty units handle boost fooling.

Thank you!

Factory settings demands the truck defuels when a certain boost value is reached. Smarty writes that out of the ecm to allow full boost without defueling and no boost code.

Thank you Matthew!

blah!!!!!!! i sent back the vin locked s-06...so when the pay-pal $ers are mine again, im going to buy new.

ok, so PoD affects shift points, right? .... lower PoD = higher shift points..?

how does torque setting affect shifting? thanks!

thanks...i'm clear on PoD. now about torque settings,...how does this [if it does] affect shift points? i plan to run one of the lower settings to save my tranny & reduce start off smoke.

iv been told the s-06 has more 'range' in the torque adjustment then the j-06, [i now run tq-1=stock on my j-06] so if torque DOES AFFECT SHIFT POINTS,....well just tell me how it is! :) thanks!

Hi Matthew!

Indeed that will effect shift points as that would be altered by the amount of pressure on the accelerator pedal and the TQ setting will change how you use that.

Indeed the differences on TQ with S-06 vs Jr is greater.

soooooooooooooo,..high torq. setting.=iess pedal push= lower rpm shift...?

and yes, i'll experiment w/the s-06 when i have it... just wanted to know some in advance :)

Indeed! :thumbsup:

Let me know how the different settings feel to you! :cheers: