Unlogicalme

What setting to use. List of Mods below.

I was running around for awhile on SW3 with Rail Pressure at 1, Timing at 3, and Torque at 1, but I just upgraded my wastegate (AFE Wastegate) and my Exhaust Manifold (AFE as well). To me, nothing seems to have changed with the power or performance, I was just wondering is there some settings I should change that would help out with the supporting mods?

On another note, does the Smarty control the wastegate pressure at all, I am supposed to be boosting at at least 40lbs but I have not seen any changes in that either.

Let me know what you guys think would be the best plan of action. I'm going on vacation this weekend and need the extra power :innocent::twisted:

Adding more fuel = more heat, which creates more boost. An EGT gauge is a must to monitor safe exhaust gas temps.

Yeah, I'm about to order the EGT probe for the Smarty. Will raising the Rail Pressure increase fuel? Somewhat new to the Diesel/smarty world, so excuse me if I seem dumb

Yes, by increasing the fuel pressure more fuel is injected throughout the duration cycle. Until you get supporting mods and understand how tuning works I suggest using the recommended settings provided by Mads/Smarty resource instructions. Whenever you add more fuel (fuel/rail pressure or duration) you must be able to supply air (oxygen) or you will cause piston/engine damage by overheating the cylinders. The stock turbo is limited in the amount of air (boost) it can provide, so that is your limiting factor on how much fuel you can feed the engine safely. The only way to monitor that is with an exhaust gas temp (egt) gauge. The next problem with adding more power will be increased stress on the transmission and torque converter so that is another area of concern to use caution in. See the attachments

SmartyTouchAdjustoptions.pdf

SmartyTouchComprehensiveGuide.pdf

Edited by rlawless
Adding an attachment