JAnderson

Smarty touch boost readings?

Hey guys, I have a 2003 305/555 with the nv5600. I ran a edge juice with attitude before the smarty with a boost elbow (it's still in) and was running about 40lbs on 5x5. I put the smarty in and kept the edge for gauges and such. The smarty only maxes like 22ish lbs of boost and the edge is showing in the 30s. And it's a complete dog on revo sw7 with all other settings on 2. So what settings should i use to wake it up? And can I fix it so it reads actual boost psi?

If you have the Smarty Touch why are you relying on the edge for your gauges?

Smarty handles all boost fooling however the map sensor only shows 40 psi boost max. Especially with the boost elbow installed on would get boost readings in the 30's. External readings will be released soon.

•SW # 0 : Half power

•SW # 1 : 30 hp increase, with added timing .

•SW # 2 : 60 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 3 : 60 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 4 : 90 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 5 : 90 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 6 : 160 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 7 : 160 hp increase, with added timing.

•SW # 8 : 210 hp increase, no added timing.

•SW # 9 : 210 hp increase, with added timing.

160 rwhp is gained on SW 7. Indeed an amount that feels good and not doggy.

Use the Greatest Timing and TQ setting for the best sop feel!

Thank you!

Brian

The edge is still in just for comparison purposes. The boost on both gauges are within 1lb of each other until 22lbs (when running either sw7 or level 5 juice) Where it then stops on the touch and continues up to 38-40 on the attitude. With the sw7 and everything else on 2. It feels like it's only fueling for 22lbs of boost if you understand that or like a defuel feeling. Where when the edge juice is set on level 5 it really outruns sw7. No comparison what so ever. And on hot unlock the sw7 feels like a stock tune.

So what's the deal with how I have my smarty set up? Because it's not running like a 160 horse tune

Can you eliminate the Edge out of the picture and see how it does!

Also confirm you with me which software version you have installed!

Thank you!

Yes I'll try it with the edge completely unhooked next time I drive it. under smarty touch info it does say I have a firmware update on the sd card. I believe it's version 0001.00.12 that I have on here

Edited by JAnderson

Thank you James! Please confirm for certain that it is that software so we can be certain!

Just got the pickup back and out for a test drive. I unplugged the edge and on sw7 am pulling 37lbs on the touch now. I'm thinking the edge was boost fueling the ecu to 21-24lbs and hence why the smarty showed that and ran like a dog