organicfarmer

Raising boost with jr & moded stock turbo

Sorry if this is a old question...i'm still using my j06 as the deal with the used s06 didnt work out.....$ is tight as we have plenty of doc. bills of late. I'll just wait for the s06.

I just put a moded stock turbo on my truck & havnt seen any increase of boost psi...32 psi as before the new turbo..... does the j06 boost fool? 32psi is more then stock i think ???? Anybody know what stock boost is?? how do i raise boost psi? 40- is my goal. the turbo is a 62-65 TaterBuilt.

All Smarty's handle boost fooling. Bigger turbo more volume but not necessarily more pressure. More fueling with an S-06 on a higher level will also show give more boost.

Also raising boost higher will end up heating that compressed air further.

Please do not change the WG setting as you still have the factory WG!

Thank you!

Smarty also fools boost with a non electronic wastegate like the earlier trucks. The trucks actually de-fuel in addition to setting the boost code if boost fooling is not available Matthew.

There is a wastegate table in your ECM that commands when to let boost pressure into the actuator to open the wastegate. Even still, the stock actuator won't physically open until in the mid 20's PSI due to a preload on the actuator spring. According to my UDC Smarty Jr sample tunes, the Smarty JR just sets every wastegate RPM/Load cell value to 40PSI, meaning the ECM won't allow boost pressure to the wastegate acutator until 40PSI effectivly "turning off" the wastegate.

This is assuming you have an electronicly controlled actuator, not sure about the 2004.5...