07Megacab

EGT Readings

Ok, installed the optional EGT and it is reading 2987... Went to calibration screen after everything cooled sensor checked out, and used current air temp and readings still crazy. Disconnected egt plug going into the cpu and hooked it back up still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Please disconnect the plug to the display then plug back in and see if that helps!

Tried it and no change. Disconnected the probe from the little black box and disconnected then reconnected the display and it reads sensor ok and same temp with no probe... Disconnected everything and egt not available for dashboard, so that's good. Reconnected all connections and plugged the lead back into the cpu, smarty egt available once again in pid but still reading 2797*.

Do you think the thermocouples is bad? Any way to troubleshoot it?

You can measure milli-voltage from a thermocouple. Look up a type K thermocouple chart, it will tell you what millivolts it should be producing for what temperature. If the probe is failed it will produce no voltage, you can check resistance. OPEN or OL means its failed.

So far no one has had luck using any other EGT probe with the smarty touch, they did some fancy stuff....

Actually any type K should do it. Ive used existing thermocouples that were installed and just tied it in at the junction box.

All of the trouble shooting has been done with the Smarty Thermocoupler.

Readings on display are the same with the Thermocoupler connected or not to the junction box. I think that is where the problem is.

Actually any type K should do it. Ive used existing thermocouples that were installed and just tied it in at the junction box.

Everyone i have seen try this with non-smarty T/C's have the ground fault issue. I have never tried it myself but just might, i can get a T/C from work easy enough.