Brian

ComMod Guide

i bought into the hype..mine comes in tomorrow.. i really hope the OTF comes out for the 05 soon.. this will have a big impact in the 03-05 trucks.

Bill, You can purchase now and have the ComMod all ready for when the software for your truck is released or you can choose to purchase at that time.

Thank you!

Brian

What's coming down the pipe that I would need or want this for? Sorry I don't follow any performance forums anymore and am on the tail end of what I used to be on the leading edge of a few years back.

Are there different com mods for different years, looking at a couple vendors I see they are only listed as required for13-15 but list no other years realizing that is the only use as of now for them, is it a one size fits all type of thing?

Edited by Wild and Free

Yes Sir Bill! Just like Smarty Touch, the ComMod will work on all trucks from 98.5 up. :thumbsup:

Guess its nothing I will need for some time then.

Smarty has a good product and niche market so to speak but I won't buy until I see how it will benefit me after it is released for a while.

Not keen when companies set anti-competition pricing where all vendors are locked into a set price by manufacturers and taking away the freedom of capitalism and the consumer.:mad0:

MAP pricing has it's benefits as well Bill. It keeps I fair across the board for all vendors. Each is entitled to make a fair profit and each is expected to provide good service during and after the sale to their customers. Vendor A has a shop and or store front and a good amount of overhead. He has to be able to make a fair living in addition to paying that overhead. Vendor B is a kid living in his mothers basement selling product on ebay who has no overhead. He can afford to undercut the established dealers who will be there after the sale to provide any service. He can afford to sell product for $10 profit for a quick buck with no intention to service the customer or provide help or answer questions after the sale. The quality dealer who is established and is maintaining a storefront and who is there to service their customers would not be able to stay in business to provide for their customers if such a policy was not in place. The map policies set forth by all the major players in the Diesel industry are put in place to promote quality vendors. Indeed you will find this is fact if you research other big names in the industry.

In my conversations with legit dealers, they mention many instances of the customers from ebay sellers and others who sell product whom are not authorized dealers and are price violating that these end users are needing help and guidance and are going to the legit dealers even though they did not purchase through them. When asked why they don't go back to their point of sale the customers tell them that either their seller can't or won't help them. These customers save a few bucks but take it in the shorts when they need their point of sale to assist them.

Indeed there is an important reason that most manufacturers have these MRP policies in place.

As to updates for your 05 that will make it worthwhile to grab the ComMod? I will certainly be posting here on the forum when these updates are available for you Bill.

Thank you!

1- No need to make excuses for folks failing to follow the old school "buyer beware" mentality.

2- comes back onto the product company to vet dealers to prevent this in the first place.

3 - In my experience with these things is going back through a vendor adds down time and added expense to most things, take my initial purchase of the touch, bought through a vendor had issues and came directly to you and you didn't even know why it failed, had it back in a couple days, had I gone through the vendor it would have been a week or better and un-needed back and forth between a middle man who would have had no answers as well.

Ok done now back on track...........................

Edited by Wild and Free

Hello Brian,

Is this COMMOD available for my 06 yet I have the comMod already just need to know if the programming or current software is available for it yet to work with my smarty touch .

thanks charles