Pcabe55

2007.5-2009 J67 Settings

The manual online appears to be for 2010-12 models as they conflict with what I see here. So what are the torque and timing values and there order of least to most. Just bought a J67 for my 2009 and when it gets here I just want to be informed.

Mads needs to include the difference between the model years in the user guide. An update perhaps?

Good morning! For 07.5-09 timing is 1=stock 2= low 3= mid level and 4= greatest.

The Torque selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less

than #3).

Thank you!

Thank you Brian. So timing is in order least to greatest and torque would be 1,4,3,2 to go least to greatest, right?

For 07.5-09, The Torque selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less

than #3).

Brian,

Reading this forum the settings seem to be of great confusion for more than a few members. Some confusion is created by MADS and maybe this forum because there is conflicting information.

For example my question regarding the 07.5-09 :

Forum:

Timing

1. Stock

2. Low

3. Mild

4. Greatest

Torque

1. Stock

2. Mild

3. Soft (<2)

4. Light (<3)

Owners manual:

Timing

1. Stock

2. Standard

3. Mild (<2)

4. Advanced (>2)

Torque

1. Stock

2. Mild

3. Soft (<2)

4. Light (<3)

Change addendum (came with the Smarty)

Timing

1. Stock

2. Low

3. >2

4. >3

0. Default

Torque

1. Stock

2. Mild

3. >2

4. >3

0. Default

So, I hope this demonstrates that confusion is perpetrated by MADS in publishing three sets of differing guides. Since none of the three fully matches each other it would lead the purchaser to believe that no-one knows what the settings are. My suggestion would be to clean this up and publish the right ones as a sticky here and as a FAQ on MADS website (by model year/engine)