Brian

Smarty Touch Software update, 10-27-15

Good morning!

Today we have a new software update for you.

http://smartyresource.com/smartytouch-3.aspx

What is new?

- MY 2016 pickup and C&C are now supported

- MY 2013 to 2015 pickup and C&C:

- Improved compatibility for new Chrysler updates

- Addressed idle shutdown

- Revised VGT settings

- Addressed several DTCs like P026*

- Revised Duration texts for MY 2010+

- Addressed On the fly issues with MY 2010 – 2012.

Thank you!

So,... is this update for the 2010 and newer Rams only?,... or as Bilt-it has a 03?? {hello Derek! meeting you all over 'forum land'} :D

I havnt updated yet, i was waiting for the trans PID for my 04.5 Ram. And yes, the OTF as well! :thumbsup: I have my Touch since Aug 2015.

Lastly... how is a update done with the Touch? Thank-you my friend!! Haf a g'day!! :D

Hello hello!

I think mine was just a glitch and a re-download fixed it. I had the trans pids before and just lost them out of nowhere.

You should download the newest version. The link provided has an explanation on how to do it. It's pretty easy, pull you sd card out of the touch and insert in your computer. Open file from link, unzip file, copy contents to the SD card (I overwrite the existing files) and re-install in your touch. You may have to disconnect/reconnect the cord to the touch for it to update.

Do i need to download the sd card image every time there is a new update? My wireless connection is REAL slow! Takes long, i hope it downloads properly....

Well, i copied the updates on my sd card. [copy and replace] But, auto update didnt work so i tried to update by going to firmware update but the Touch didnt go ahead, it says FAT table corrupted......?????????????

Should i plug my sd in the 'puter' and drag/copy the update folder's contents again? Remember my prev. post aboyt my slow connection.......

On page 6 of the update guide it says to =[[make sure that the bottom left check box that says ''Do this for the next X conflicts'', then copy and replace.]] ...Do i check the box?? [i did]

[sorry!] and Thanks!!

Put your SD card in the computer and reformat it. Then copy the files onto the SD card and update the smarty.

My computer says it cant format it. sigh! Do i need to install sumpton to do this?

Oh for the steam powered days!... :) [low tech] Im kinda new to computers....

Well, at least i still have [as far as i can tell] my tuning. My Touch's screen has a diff. background now. I cant change settings, i tried POD just to see if i could.

Well, to be stuck at sw5 sure isnt a punishment!! :D

Ya you should keep the tune that is in the truck before the issue. I would try and re-download as said. I overwrite everything on the sd card, just easier that way.

I cant do anything till i format my sd card according to my Dell...[and it cant do that,..i have windows 7] I'll call Smarty on monday. thanks for your advice.

Lalalalalala. U know.. Just hanging out waiting for OTF and better touch options for the older trucks.. Keep seeing all these new trucks getting the goodies.

Well, i tried another sd card, tried twice, and now im golden! :ibiggrin: [i had probs updating my Touch]

Finally i could change to a diff tq setting. Concerned tq @ 2 would create traction probs if it snows......

Brian, do you recommend going with tm @ 2 for cold weather? Summer tm-1 was good, but since its colder she rattles some!

Advise me... stock inj/62-65 moded stock turbo/ CAI/ high flo exh/shift kit/...... Sw5? Tq1? Tm1? Rp1? = DD & tow some. Smooth and low smoke without being a doggie.... :) Thanks!

Feels good to post with a working Touch. I hate complaining......

Winter has hit our area, about 3" of snow and ice conditions. I will try some of these options out and get back to you. I had the rear spin out for the first time on me lastnight under light acceleration.

On my trucks I use "greatest" timing year round. It is easy to change and experiment. Keep us posted!

Thank you Gentlemen! :cheers:

Rattle just dosnt 'sound' nice..... no harm if it rattles some?

I tried TQ-1 this eve but my trans shifted later and wanted to hang some [2nd to 3rd] at light throttle so i bumped it back to TQ-2.

Ill play with PoD some....easy to change!...Is this a 'little' like OTF tuning to come??!! :winking: .....are we there yet!!?? sorry Brian, i know your tired of the pushing...but,,,

So today i turned it down to SW3 (from 5) with stock timing and tq1 (from 2), noticable difference on ice. I thought it was the new tires that were not the greatest on ice, with the tq turned down they dont spin near as much. Could be me but it seemed i had alot less engine noise/rattle too, not sure.

Trans shifting the same?

I have the TransGo shift kit, and so far if i lower tq from 2 or pod less then 95, i have late shifts 2-to-3.

I'll have my trans guy look into this. My trucks going to his shop,... i was at 80% pedal postion and i let off sudden-like and my rear u-joint blew! BANG!! Thank-fully it stays together and didnt take out my fuel tank and/or muff!

I didn't notice any difference in trans shifting, although its pretty icy here so i don't think i use more than 3/8 throttle at any time.

Glad to hear you didn't have too much carnage!

Blessed Christmas, Brian! Question for just before you dash off for a week.... ;) Is tq-1 the same as stock or is it ''Smarty'' stock? [a bit more tq then stock]

Also, does tq setting change tm or does tm stay the same, tq-1 vs tq-2 =[tm]

I will have a Georend TC and a HD master kit put in my Ram 1st week of 2016! Also it seem the reason my u-joint blew [see prior post] is my t-case is wore out... more$! [shaft wobble from worn bearings]

Matthew

A fabulous Christmas to you Matthew! :cheers:

TQ 1 = "mild''. When TQ is on "stock", that is factory stock.

As far as tq management, negative. TQ settings simply dictate how "quick" the power comes on. Not to be confused with the tq management that defuels as the trans shifts.

Bummer on the t-case Matthew. I had to do mine @ 150k.

Away for a week? There is too much fun & excitement here with all the goings on for me to take off and relax. My mind would be here anyway, so you will be seeing me every day. :thumbsup:

Ahhh, so there is a 'stock' setting. when i set on TQ-1 this is a bit more then 'stock' but still not as hard on my seat back? aye?

Is there a TQ management setting on my Touch? Or is this in UDC? I have heard of TQ management.... but wasnt sure where this plays part..

Thanks!